Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which rear sight?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Jim,
    Awhile back I had an HK/Benelli M1 super 90, like above but with apistol grip and surefire light.

I had Ed Vandenberg mount MMC front and rear sights. I believe all he did was silver solder on the front sight, and park the barrel. I didn't shoot it much, but didn't have any problems.

Ed was pretty good about telling you if a project was not gonna work, so if he thought it would be a problem, he wouldn't have done it.

Bob

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R Moran View Post
    Jim,
    Awhile back I had an HK/Benelli M1 super 90, like above but with apistol grip and surefire light.

I had Ed Vandenberg mount MMC front and rear sights. I believe all he did was silver solder on the front sight, and park the barrel. I didn't shoot it much, but didn't have any problems.

Ed was pretty good about telling you if a project was not gonna work, so if he thought it would be a problem, he wouldn't have done it.

Bob
    Thanks Bob. I may check with my gunsmith about soldering the front sight. I have a friend who owns a machine shop so I can get him to drill and tap for the rear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Don Lazzarini, in Northern CA, makes one of the best shotgun sights for the 870 that I have ever used. Here are pictures of his front and rear sights mounted on an 870. These have proven rock solid over many years of use on hundreds of duty and tactical 870's.

Of course, you could just use one of the excellent Aimpoint T1's...

Looks like the old wickert rear i used for years. on my gunsite 870, great sight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12