Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Until I get a LAV...this is the best 1911 for the money. VIDEO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AirmanAtwood View Post
    Ruger 1911 for ~ $600 vs. SA loaded ~ $900. $300 more for a far better gun
    Maybe you could define what you mean by "far better"?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Maybe the ruger I handled was a lemon but it's fit was that of a cheap thrown together gun. I feel ambi safety is a great thing as I shoot both hands every range session. Never found the locking systems in springfield guns to be an issue. The springer has the front serrations too which I think are a great feature for a hard use gun. From the Ruger I fiddle ****ed I wasn't very impressed with the thing.
    “The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.”

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AirmanAtwood View Post
    Maybe the ruger I handled was a lemon but it's fit was that of a cheap thrown together gun. I feel ambi safety is a great thing as I shoot both hands every range session. Never found the locking systems in springfield guns to be an issue. The springer has the front serrations too which I think are a great feature for a hard use gun. From the Ruger I fiddle ****ed I wasn't very impressed with the thing.

So, in other words, you have never used a Ruger SR1911, never field stripped it, never shot it, never really did more than fondle it...and you have an opinion about it.

Cool.

Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    So, in other words, you have never used a Ruger SR1911, never field stripped it, never shot it, never really did more than fondle it...and you have an opinion about it.
    Cool.
    The opinion he gave was from handling a SR1911 and nothing more.
    Maybe the ruger I handled was a lemon but it's fit was that of a cheap thrown together gun.
    He added no more from that limited experience and didn't speculate how that would affect use, field stripping or shooting. I really don't see why that should bother you.

(I have no opinion on the SR1911 as I have never seen one in a shop on on a range that I could handle.)

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Well, thanks for adding your opinion about the uninformed opinion

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    A few real cheapies, and some SAs, that I paid the same or more for.

I sincerely do not believe you can buy a better 1911 for $550-$600 than the SR1911.

I researched all the available 1911s in this price range and am very glad I went with Ruger.

If you know of a better 1911 at this price point, let me know.
    That is kind of like saying that McDonalds food is the BEST in its price range. At the end of the day, it is still crap.

Looking at this from a positive, you saved a lot of money on a 1911 so now you can take that money and attend more training classes!

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While the Ruger 1911 is highly sought after, the ones I have seen are no where near Springfield quality. I have had 5 pass through my shop, and 3 of them we DOA. One the grip safety was over cut allowing the trigger to be pressed and hammer fall without engaging the GS. The other, the over travel screw was adjusted in to much and the hammer wouldn't drop, and finally the 3rd one had a terrible terrible barrel fit. For the money I will pass on anything Ruger other than their old revolvers. Glad you got a good one, and shoot the piss out of it and stop caring what others think.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly0311 View Post
    While the Ruger 1911 is highly sought after, the ones I have seen are no where near Springfield quality. I have had 5 pass through my shop, and 3 of them we DOA. One the grip safety was over cut allowing the trigger to be pressed and hammer fall without engaging the GS. The other, the over travel screw was adjusted in to much and the hammer wouldn't drop, and finally the 3rd one had a terrible terrible barrel fit. For the money I will pass on anything Ruger other than their old revolvers. Glad you got a good one, and shoot the piss out of it and stop caring what others think.
    So this tells me that they are doing ZERO function checks at the factory AND are most likely NOT test firing the guns before the leave.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You are probably correct Grant.

Feedback Score
    A few real cheapies, and some SAs, that I paid the same or more for.

I sincerely do not believe you can buy a better 1911 for $550-$600 than the SR1911.

I researched all the available 1911s in this price range and am very glad I went with Ruger.

If you know of a better 1911 at this price point, let me know.
    You might have paid $550.00-$600.00 for one, but they're not available for that price right now. From what I've seen, realistically this gun is more in the $700.00-$800.00 price range. So my question is two fold; first, since it's this gun is not currently available for the price you paid, do you still think it's the best gun in it's current price range. If so, why; feartures, build/parts quality, other?
    Last edited by Striker; 06-04-12 at 12:28.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast