Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The bed side weapon, and hearing protection..

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Go for your ear pro. I have a wife and 3 kids to worry about. I don't give a shit if my ears ring a little and I don't think they will.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 06-07-12 at 08:58.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    This has been covered.

You don't need ear protection when you're in a fight for your life/your families life.

Just fight/live.
    I concur! Statistically speaking, who is more likely to have to fire on an intruder; an individual home owner, that happens to have a bad day, or a police officer, that has to respond to every 911 intruder call, in the jurisdiction? Does the typical patrol officer wear hearing protection all the time? Even in high crime areas? If it were an issue, don't you think they would ?

Will firing on an intruder, without ear protection cause hearing damage? Maybe. More like probably. Small price to pay, for protecting your family. I'd be more worried about the intruder, landing a shot on me, and the damage that would cause.

Chances are, you've already done a similar amount of damage to your hearing, by cranking your car stereo up, when your favorite song comes on the radio.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    This video of a Trooper shooting his M4 through the windshield of his cruiser made me think of these "ear pro for HD" threads. He did at least one mag change while driving and firing. Outstanding!

https://youtu.be/5F9SpbUBX2Y

That's waaaaay louder than it will be in your house. There is no time for ear pro.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 11-03-16 at 16:33.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This video of a Trooper shooting his M4 through the windshield of his cruiser made me think of these "ear pro for HD" threads. He did at least one mag change while driving and firing. Outstanding!

That's waaaaay louder than it will be in your house. There is no time for ear pro.
    When I saw that video earlier today that was my first thought. That would have been deafening. A bit OT. When I stand in front of my Marshalls, 1959, 1987 small box and 72 major pushing them hard I can take the sound pressure for a short bit of time in the bunker. Yes, ears ring, but they always do.. But there is no way anyone else in that space could stand that level of pressure for any amount of time. But, if anyone else in that same space were to play through the same setup and levels, I could not stand to occupy the same space. Is there some physiological state that when you are in control in that moment where the level of sound pressure perceived is negated? Kind of like an adrenalin thing.. I have no idea on such things, just noticed it in my experience.
    Last edited by jmp45; 11-03-16 at 21:32.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    https://65.media.tumblr.com/424d3b2e...w5zo1_1280.jpg

Invest in a suppressor for your Hd rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    dont know much about it, do you? ONE shot can ruin your hearing, if it's in a small room or a vehicle and it's a 357 type blast. 223 is much worse, of course. 12 ga is really bad, too. Ear plugs can be in your ears a lot faster than most can speed load a revolver, much less stuff shells into a tubular fed shotgun and many "think" that there will be time to load a gun. Joe Yablonsky thought so, and was shot dead as he tried it, with his wife watching and screaming. if the plugs are in a squeeze-open case, rubber banded to the pistol, I can have them in place as fast or faster than you can go get a shotgun. What makes you so sure that you'll be in bed when "it" happens, hmm? More likely, you'll be in another room and need 10 seconds to run get the longarm and get back with it. If I have my pants on, that plug-case is in my pocket, lanyarded to my belt.
    Last edited by whilst; 11-18-16 at 22:52.

Feedback Score
    you "think" wrong. Try it sometime. open the side window of your car, out in the boondocks and fire a round with the gun inside of the car with no ear protection.. I tried it one time with a 357 and was incapacitated for many seconds. Nearly dropped the gun, it was so stunningly oppressive.

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score

I have some friends that are OHP, they said he busted his ear drums. Firing all those rounds from inside a vehicle, is not good for your ears.

Feedback Score
    the cop's got armor and help is headed his way in seconds. Wont be the case for you. The cops miss the vitals with half of their shots, or worse. And you want your performance to be like theirs? :-) Just cause you're too lazy to carry a set of ear plugs? shows where your head's at.

Feedback Score

if there's no time for ear protection

there's also no time to run and get a longarm. Best have a pistol worn constantly. There's no time for cycling the action of an empty chambered pump 12, either. You guys are full of it. just cause somebody's firing doesn't mean that he's HITTING anything and it also doesn't mean that his hearing is worth a hoot afterward.
    Last edited by whilst; 11-19-16 at 11:33.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast