Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The bed side weapon, and hearing protection..

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Use a can, done deal. If you don't like jumping through hoops to get one, contact your congressmen and let them know how you feel about the Hearing Protection Act.

Feedback Score
    This is why we need the "Hearing Protection Act" to pass so we can all have suppressors and hearing loss will be a thing of the past.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This kinda shit makes me crack up thinking of the joe cools with sbr .223s. That shit would be deafening indoors with no protection. I have a 9mm pistol with a light on my nightstand. Fast in the fight and is not too bad on the ears. 12g is close but the pistol sure is easy to get to.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My HD gun is a semi-auto 12ga loaded with a 10rd mag of 00, with a light and a sling. I have electronic earmuffs on hand. I do have an M4 and a G19 with light, but just chose to stick to the S12 for HD.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used to worry about the noise. I live in a somewhat upscale suburb, and never worried about much. Recently, there have been a few home invasions nearby. In addition to my CZ-75 I now keep a USGI M1 Carbine, AND a Colt M4 ready along with my dog. I am not concerned about noise any longer.

Feedback Score
    I have muffs near my readied rifle. I acknowledge that I might not have the opportunity to get them on. None of my rifles have a muzzle brake. If the HPA passes I will probably spend $2k in one day on cans.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Bunny View Post
    I have muffs near my readied rifle. I acknowledge that I might not have the opportunity to get them on. None of my rifles have a muzzle brake. If the HPA passes I will probably spend $2k in one day on cans.
    Even if the current HPA bill passes (It won't; See makeup of the Senate) it will take effect no earlier than 18 months from now.

If you bought cans today you could have all the suppressors you want in half that time. Why are you waiting for the HPA to pass?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Even if the current HPA bill passes (It won't; See makeup of the Senate) it will take effect no earlier than 18 months from now.

If you bought cans today you could have all the suppressors you want in half that time. Why are you waiting for the HPA to pass?
    Good points. The HPA is worth writing your Congressmen about, but probably is a long shot that it will make it out of the Senate, and certainly not anytime soon even if it does. If you want a suppressor, submitting now is likely to be the shortest path to hearing protection.

Feedback Score
    Silencer is the best answer.
    That said, when I was younger and stupid, I shot an ak for a couple hours with some paper towels in my ears.

They rang for a week. Most recent hearing test I heard down as low as they test, so... a few shots I wouldn't worry about. Especially from a pistol round.

Feedback Score
    Doubled.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast