Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The bed side weapon, and hearing protection..

Feedback Score
    keep a kimber crimson trace II under the bed.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear13 View Post
    This kinda shit makes me crack up thinking of the joe cools with sbr .223s. That shit would be deafening indoors with no protection. I have a 9mm pistol with a light on my nightstand. Fast in the fight and is not too bad on the ears. 12g is close but the pistol sure is easy to get to.
    This kinda shit makes me crack up thinking of all the booger brains who pick a pistol or shotgun to fight on their "home field". It's THEIR home and they pick the weakest option possible to fight with? Why not shoot support side or keep the weapon unloaded if the idea is to handicap your chances?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This kinda shit makes me crack up thinking of all the booger brains who pick a pistol or shotgun to fight on their "home field". It's THEIR home and they pick the weakest option possible to fight with? Why not shoot support side or keep the weapon unloaded if the idea is to handicap your chances?
    Booger brain for using a pistol or shotgun? shotgun underpowered? Should i break out the 50 cal? Is that enough? Jesus, Ill take my picks any day over using a sbr in the middle of the night with no hearing protection.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's THEIR home and they pick the weakest option possible to fight with? Why not shoot support side or keep the weapon unloaded if the idea is to handicap your chances?
    THIS^^

My dad always stressed the importance of picking the best possible tool for the job and I try to convince my friends of this but most won't listen.

When you have the home field advantage you usually get to prepare ahead of time. Prepare by picking the best tool for the job and give yourself the best opportunity for success.
    Last edited by bighawk; 02-01-17 at 15:59.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Booger brain for using a pistol or shotgun? shotgun underpowered? Should i break out the 50 cal? Is that enough? Jesus, Ill take my picks any day over using a sbr in the middle of the night with no hearing protection.
    I'm not saying a shotgun is underpowered or a bad option but to be fair they're not far apart in decibel level and indoors they would all (pistol,rifle,shotgun) have a similar effect on you/your ears.

Considering how common SBR's and Suppressors are today and the simplicity of use, round capacity, and light recoil a suppressed SBR setup with quality RDS, light and ammo blows the shotgun out of the water in terms of usability for most people across the board. Not to mention a can drops the decibel level significantly.
    Last edited by bighawk; 02-01-17 at 16:12.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yes suppressed is way better. But a sbr indoors seems way louder to me then a shotgun. I just have seen what buckshot inside of 7 yards will do, and its nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Don't let the haters hate.

You're not a booger brain, bro. There's a host of reasons why I keep a well outfitted pistol at the bedside and not a shorty.

Hint: Noise is at the bottom of the ****ing list.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Don't let the haters hate.

You're not a booger brain, bro. There's a host of reasons why I keep a well outfitted pistol at the bedside and not a shorty.

Hint: Noise is at the bottom of the ****ing list.
    Right right. I agree on noise not being a important reason in the decision process of potentially saving your life. Just for me its on the con list of a sbr lmao. I carry and shoot my pistol the most. It is with me most of the day. I am comfortable with it and I love its portability. I just get too irritated lately on here and come off like a dick.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I keep my electronic earpro on my headboard in their own cubby. Would I have the presence of mind to wear them if I needed to reach for the carbine? I highly doubt it. Then again, if I thought of them I guarantee I'd put them on. Takes less than 5 seconds and prevents me from possibly shooting a loved one because I can't hear him or her talking to me and I just see a person moving in the dark. I'm not worried about long term damage so much as I am about the temporary deafness. It's bad enough I'll probably have tunnel vision, flipper fingers, and difficulty seeing if it's the middle of the night.

I would much rather have a suppressor, but my state doesn't allow them.
    Last edited by MWAG19919; 02-01-17 at 21:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcarbine View Post
    keep a kimber crimson trace II under the bed.
    This was a nice idea

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast