Thread: does anyone Sew Gear in the NYC/NJ area

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

does anyone Sew Gear in the NYC/NJ area

I don't even know if this is the right place and I have done a search in regards to sewing /modding gear and came up with nothing that I am looking for, so I guess I'll just ask...

Is there anyone in the NYC/NJ area that does heavy-duty sewing of tactical webbing on gear...I have a VERY SMALL project that I need a little help with...

I have a DBT M4 dropleg subload that I need to eliminate the velcro strap that drops it down on the leg...

and just have sewn right onto the subload itself from the plastic loop on the subload to the buckle that I have

here is a pick of the plastic loop thats directly on the subload

that buckle will attach to a emdom molle hanger that I already have

I guess im wanting the belt subload turned into a molle subload and to also have it as high as possible

If anyone can help then please let me know...

thanks
    Chris

Feedback Score
    A couple options ...

try finding a sky diving facility. They've got riggers who have the machines that can sew this stuff;
    find a hiking/ climbing gear repair place. They've got the same type of equipment.

I've ended up using both types of places over time.
    Yup, I'm a Dinosaur!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I dont think there are any sky diving facilities in my area...so I think thats not an option...but I will check the yellow pages for mountain climbing gear repair shops(though I dont think there are any of those in my area either)...
    I mean the only option I came up with was connecting it to my molle belt using 2 malice clips...but dont think that is a great option...so I think the sewing would be the best option...but thanks

Feedback Score
    You could check with http://www.diytactical.com/forums/ and see if there is anyone local to you.

caveat: I don't know the diy forum etiquette and if requests for a "quick sew" or if trying to find a local resource is rude, or whatever. I guess I'm saying read their rules first. (from what I gather, newbies are welcome, stay in your lane, good place good info, etc. you know, like m4carbine.net.)