Thread: Suppressor and SBR recomendation?

Feedback Score

Suppressor and SBR recomendation?

I'm new to the SBR and suppressor thing, and I have a few questions I couldn't find answers to by searching.

I'm thinking of getting an LMT in a 14.5" barrel with a quick detachment suppressor.
    Is the LMT a good choice for a SBR?
    Should I go smaller with the barrel or is that going to make it to loud?

What suppressor is going to give me the best suppression and weight the least? I've read tons of info but there are a ton of manufacturers out there, and I don't want to waste money on something everyone else knows is junk or less than good quality.

Also, as I understand it, you have to register a lower as an SBR, and not just the upper?

Thanks for all of your help,

Gun-nut

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The LMT 14.5" would make an excellent upper for a can. You could also have the mount permanently attached to avoid the SBR issue... not ideal, but an option.

Most guys seem to suppress shorter barrels, but to me the 14.5 is the best trade off in length vs. quiet.

I run my can on a 14.5 and 20 inch barrel. The 20 is noteably quieter, but too long for anything other than recreational target shooting.

I've shot 11.5 inch barrels with suppressors, and it was just loud enough that it was starting to bother my ears. Each person/can/barrel combo is different though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v