Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock sight install - threadlocker?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Well crap fire and save matches...I give up. This thing is just too tight.
    Send me the slide bro and $5 for return shipping and I'll center it up for you.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Same here. On tight rear sights, I get them started by simpley squeezing them flush in the bench vise itself. Then I beat it into place like and ARFcom member drifting tapered FSB pins the wrong direction!

Hadn't thought of lubing the dovetail cut though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you don't have Robb (gotM4) help you, I have soem experience with this. I contacted Scott Warren and he advised that you may hato take some material off the sight. I did this VERY VERY slowly and it worked. I have a Glock factory tool, but I think the MGW is better.....

If you do not feel comfortable filing the bottom of the sight, send it to Robb. That is a generous offer.
    Colt AR-15/M-16 Armorer, GLock Armorer, HK USP Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Pennington View Post
    securing the slide in a sturdy vise, lubing the dovetail, and using a Delrin block and small hammer to drive the sight into the dovetail.
    This is actually exactly how I was going about it. When I got past the point of hitting it, and reaching beating it, I surrendered. I then improvised a sight pusher with the delrin and a C-clamp and managed to get it flush with the slide.

Since I needed a box from work to mail it out to Robb anyway, I snuck it in to the machine shop and was able to secure it and press it to center. I don't think it'll need further adjusting but I sure hope I can drift it if I do...

Thanks again for the helpful tips, guys. And extra thanks to Robb for the offer of help.
    --Josh H.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12