Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Original Aimpoint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sharp View Post
    Good point, the CR2's works but you need a small conductive spacer as they are somewhat too short.

Just do it
    You can make a 123 work, you just need to cut off the plastic outershell.

http://www.nitevis.com/Aimpoint_9000L_detail.htm

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    You can make a 123 work, you just need to cut off the plastic outershell.

http://www.nitevis.com/Aimpoint_9000L_detail.htm
    I tried it earlier today without success, the plastic coating might be different on different batteries but on the Duracell 123 I tested it on the metal casing was too thick to fit my Aimpoint Electronic.

Feedback Score
    Sometime between 87-89 I got an aim point 1000.
    It used a 357 battery, and continued to work until a couple of years ago when the switch broke off. It would still work, but you had to use a needle nose to switch it. I sold it to someone rebuilding their's. I hope my micro lasts as long!

Feedback Score
    I picked these up brand new in box a few days ago and remembered seeing this thread.

Feedback Score
    Old school cool!

Feedback Score
    Would be awesome to have an original on a rifle of the same time period. How much do they go for if you can even find one?

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JJay03 View Post
    Would be awesome to have an original on a rifle of the same time period. How much do they go for if you can even find one?
    Look around eBay, I see them theree quite frequently. I just checked, there are a few there now.

I found an almost NIB old skool 3X last week here in Sweden and I paid 25 bucks for it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    As I recall, the first Aimpoint was a tube with a fiber optic in it which gathered ambient light to make the dot. You had to shoot with both eyes open. One eye picked up the red dot and the other picked up the target (the sight blocked the view to the target) and your brain merged the two views into one with the dot floating on the target.

I am a battery-phobe when it comes to firearms. My first Aimpoint is an H1 which I bought almost a year ago and I am very satisfied with it's performance and very impressed with it's battery life thus far. Aimpoint technology has certainly come a long way
    First post here, figured this is as good a place as any to start...

As 2Sharp mentioned, those are OEGs. Singlepoint produced them in the 70s and in the 80s Armson produced an improved, smaller OEG. I picked up a Singlepoint earlier this year (even came with the original box!), a really neat piece of retro equipment. I've got it put in my pile of other firearms odds and ends, saving it for a Son Tay Raider GAU-5A/A build.

If you folks haven't seen the old Oxford white dots, they're also pretty cool. Ran off 2 AA batteries, projected a white dot instead of the now standard red.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That thing is top.. and at $25?? I might be on the 'bay soon.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Wow I thought my m68 was old compared to some of the new stuff. This is great.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234