Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the forums. I want a serious AR/M4.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    There are many different ways to accomplish what you seem to be wanting. Here are my recomendations on the premise that you want a known performer with weight as a premium.

Colt 6520
    This is a lightweight profile 16" barrel.

A heavier solution is the ubiquitious 6920, as I assume you know.

The only issue with both is that they are 16" barrels running carbine gas systems.

If you are ok with some more weight and want a smoother shooter with longer life, go with a midlength gas system. Noveske makes an excellent upper with a 16" barrel and middie gas system. It will, however, be noticeably heavier than other M4geries. It is also pricey, but worth the money.

Sabre Defence also pushes out a decent middie, check their catalog.

I personally like a 14.5 with a permanent FH for 16". It's just my personal preference, as it mirrors an M4, but is legal to take into pretty much every state without having to communicate with the ATF.

My choice for this is an LMT 14.5. The uppers run for under $500, stripped. You can grab good bolt carrier groups complete from G&R Tactical (they are at the top of the page), for under $140. Charging handles are about $20.

The N4 light is great, as advised above.

A light is a good thing to mount on a carbine, there are solutions if you are trying to avoid railed forearms. There is no need to have an Amish rifle in the quest for KISS. Don't be scared of electricity.

I don't know if you are saying that you do or do not want a railed forearm, but there are rails that weigh less than the standard handguards.

There are many other ways to get there, just throwing out a few from me.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    To be honest, if you cannot find any user reviews/literature on Noveske, you haven't looked hard enough.

A break down:

14.5" Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, 1 in 7" twist, 5.56mm
    --Made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining, (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16) -
    --Extended Feed Ramps
    --Mil Spec Phosphate finish
    --Same weight as M4 barrel, 1 lb, 9 oz, but improved contour for maximum
    rigidity, no M203 notch
    --MP HP tested with certification
    --Carbine length gas system
    --Flash suppressor available permanently installed for non-NFA use (standard option), or removable on SBR and select fire models (call in all NFA weapon orders).
    --Shot peened and MP tested bolt
    --Properly staked carrier key
    --Auto carrier
    --Mil-Spec receiver extension, staked
    --H Buffer
    --Vltor Carbine buttstock
    --Tango Down pistol grip
    --One 30 rd mag included

Basic Configuration
    --Flat-top upper receiver
    --Standard M4 type handguards, (double heat shield)
    --Fixed front sight base, F marked
    --Flip-up rear sight
    --6 lbs, 3 oz
    $1395
    Noveske's customer service and their dedication to getting gear out to guys who need is second to none..

The accuracy reports coming in from these new barrels have been very positive considering its chrome lined...

The Colt 6920 is just as or good, or might be better....

But I'd rather throw my money at John...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTricks View Post
    Well as far as Colt goes that most people like them, and they say that Colt is the true mil-spec rifle. There are also those people that hate them because of the limited interchangeability with I believe the lower receiver??? They seem to have more components, and different tolerances with certain parts like the ones listed in this chart: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642 Other than this not much more. It's a lot of info.... Plus all the brands, and then the biases....
    Keep doing your research....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The big three now are Colt, LMT and Noveske. Not to say that there are absolutely no other quality rifles out there, but these three seem to have the most consistent reputation for quality and reliability.

Colt and LMT could both provide you with a M4 style rifle that will more than fill your needs. Both have a proven record in combat with Colt everywhere and LMT within the USSOCOM community. As mentioned above, you could also look at the Colt 6520 with the lightweight barrel.

Noveske just simply works. John puts his heart into the product and the barrel is arguably the best in the industry.

Further searching can provide you with dedicated reviews over each of the models listed. Especially the Noveske which has been reviewed basically everywhere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post
    Keep doing your research....
    That's what you guys are here for, throw it at me I am going to be that guy who asks until I get it. Check out my sig.

Feedback Score
    LMT would be the least expensive of those 3 right? (Colt, LMT, Noveske)
    "To ask is but a moments shame, but to not ask, and remain ignorant is a life's shame" - Lao Tzu

Feedback Score
    Are the Noveske rifles being used by any elite units? Are they tailored more for combat or for target? Are they built to be abused?
    "To ask is but a moments shame, but to not ask, and remain ignorant is a life's shame" - Lao Tzu

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTricks View Post
    Are the Noveske rifles being used by any elite units?

Are they tailored more for combat or for target?
    high round counts, and reliablity.

Are they built to be abused?

they are built to outlast their competitors, not to be abused...

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    The Colt 6920 has been out on the market for some time and is a time tested winner. I have one and like it very much. I also have a Noveske N4 light carbine. I don't have a high round count through it yet, so I can't say how durable it will be. All that being said, the Noveske is my favorite carbine. I have a Magpul CTR on it and it handles great.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    are all the noveske rifles octagonal rifled?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast