Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the forums. I want a serious AR/M4.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the N4 may be the best game in town right now. I don't think anyone is else making a production rifle with a SAW bbl. I wish they sold the bbls.

I don't think Colt is going to give you the same customer service as Noveske.

Colt and LMT make great guns. They are in fact used by the military. However, in the world there is a lot of stuff that is not used by the military but is built MILSPEC and better.

A lot of guys in "elite units" buy aftermarket parts and put them on their issue weapons. MILSPEC is very good but it is sometimes not the best.

Keep in mind that a lot of current issue stuff is commercial off the shelf (COTS). I have seen this happen with everything from Camelbaks to EOTechs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post

A lot of guys in "elite units" buy aftermarket parts and put them on their issue weapons. MILSPEC is very good but it is sometimes not the best.
    good point to highlight, thanks for saying

Milspec is good, mainly because it is one of the few if any "specs" officially published...

there are ALOT of things better than milspec in every catergoy of gear...

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)

LaRue Tactical Stealth Upper

I personally do not have one of these uppers, but I have heard very good things about them and if you are able to build a rifle this is the place to start. From my understanding the upper is the most important part of a rifle. You can use any standard lower and end up with a good rifle. I am sure others will tell you what they think of the La Rue upper and which lower to buy to complement the upper. Remember to save some money for ammo and classes. Because the best rifle in the world is useless unless you know how to shit the rifle properly. Just my two cents.

Feedback Score
    I think I will most likely go with the LMT because as mentioned many times in many threads one can build one for under, or about a grand if ordering upper, and lower separately. Now my question is do I do this through the LMT site, or through another less expensive medium? A basic, combat ready M4 is what I am looking for?

BTW what are the differences between the "defender", and "guardian" lowers?
    "To ask is but a moments shame, but to not ask, and remain ignorant is a life's shame" - Lao Tzu

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    oops, I left this one out:

http://www.pof-usa.com/p415/p415.htm

Now try getting a comparison review from those!

Considering I'm considering...all the choices and biased comments would be tough to sort through.

Who's opinion would you trust?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTricks View Post
    I think I will most likely go with the LMT because as mentioned many times in many threads one can build one for under, or about a grand if ordering upper, and lower separately. Now my question is do I do this through the LMT site, or through another less expensive medium? A basic, combat ready M4 is what I am looking for?

BTW what are the differences between the "defender", and "guardian" lowers?
    To the best of my knowledge, the Guardian lower is full auto and the Defender lower is semi-auto only.

Feedback Score
    I keep hearing good things about "BlackRifleWorks" I'm going to talk to them at the local gunshow in a couple of weeks. I'm looking to buy/build one also. Good questions and answers so far. I appreciate the responses too. Thanks, Tracy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    I think the N4 may be the best game in town right now. I don't think anyone is else making a production rifle with a SAW bbl. I wish they sold the bbls.
    They'd be fantastic if they made a 16" version. It's silly to buy a barrel and have FH welded on. No way I'd spend the money on SBR'ing a 14.5" barrel either. Because of that I wouldn't recommend the N4.

Does anyone know if they have plans on making a 16" version? I'd definitely buy one then. It wouldn't hurt to make mid-lengths available as well. They're be no need to buy anything else if they did all that IMHO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why is it silly to buy a 14.5" barrel and have a perm attached flash hider?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast