Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 77gr SMK or 75gr T1C?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    the issue with that is I cannot find any with a cannalure, this is going into an AR-15.

to grim great post the T1C certainly seems to perform well.
    The need for a cannelure is exaggerated. I have never had setback issues with thousands of different bullets that were uncrimped/uncannelured including Hornady 75's and Sierra and Nosler 77's.

In fact I had some uncrimped Nosler 77's that I tried to pull apart with my kinetic puller the other night. After about 20 wacks I gave up because the bullet had not moved even slightly and I didn't want to wake my neighbors with further hammering.

I now use Nosler 77 grain OTM's exclusively due to the superior accuracy over the Hornady and lower cost than the SMK.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    The need for a cannelure is exaggerated. I have never had setback issues with thousands of different bullets that were uncrimped/uncannelured including Hornady 75's and Sierra and Nosler 77's.

In fact I had some uncrimped Nosler 77's that I tried to pull apart with my kinetic puller the other night. After about 20 wacks I gave up because the bullet had not moved even slightly and I didn't want to wake my neighbors with further hammering.

I now use Nosler 77 grain OTM's exclusively due to the superior accuracy over the Hornady and lower cost than the SMK.
    I have had similar experiences as Nightvisionary, and quasi agree with him. Some rifle bullets off the top of my head that I have pulled after loading: Sierra 69 gr. BTHP, Speer 55 gr. VHP, 55 gr. TM, Nosler 55 gr. Spitzer, Hornady 75 gr. HPBT, and 75 gr. A-MAX (which you have to "squish" into the case to fit the OAL that magazines will allow) all require 3-7 whacks with a kinetic bullet puller on a cement floor. I will say though that Doc recommends cannelures on these types of loads (read his 5.56 duty loads post) and he is a lot more knowledgeable than I on this subject matter.
    Last edited by rzhabr; 06-16-12 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Where can one find Hornady T1Cs?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Where can one find Hornady T1Cs?
    pats reloading carries them for a very good price, but you have to call to order

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345