Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to decide between 4 PCs

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    +3 for the PIG, but one of us is more than biased.

SOS
    How are they allowed to wear it overseas? Or are they special?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Koshinn, you might be able to get permission from your CO. I hear you, though. The IOTV sucks!

I'd recommend looking into the LBT 6094 as others have said. The LMAC is nice, but I'm having trouble adjusting to the side plate holder thingies. I'm thinking of just ditching them and running the Ten Speed sides instead.
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Ive got a PIG and love it, the PICO would be nice as well.

Feedback Score
    We are fairly special...... there is no flavor left on any windows on our base!!
    - The unit commander can allow plate carriers, and things like Pmags (this helps with the vague TACOM statement recently).

SOS
    With Skill, Knowledge & Determination, YOU WILL PREVAIL!
    Join our Facebook Fan Page for Specials, Updates and Discounts!
    Questions? m4c@skdtac.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How much does the PIG weigh without plates?

How about some of the other PCs in SKD's inventory?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Here's my take. And just so you know, I have the APC, so I may be biased, but I'll try to make this subjective. Also, just to give you an idea of where I'm coming from, and what "I" look for in a PC, here is a quick review I did of the APC (which was bought from SKD ) Quick Review: Mayflower APC

*You need to define what it is that YOU want in a PC before you can make this choice.

LMAC: I've seen too many guys fiddling around with the thing trying to get it "just right" for me to believe it is as simple as I would like it to be...design wise. I could be wrong though. I do like the "plate cushion" in concept though.

TT: Looks like a similar design to the LMAC, only slightly bulkier. Never seen it out in the wild though, so I can't provide any comments as to user feedback.

PIG: Great design, and never hear anything bad about it. You would do well going this route.

APC vs PIG: I see this as the point where you need to decide what you want out of the PC. Obviously, these two would be my top two suggestions.

If you want a slightly lighter and lower profile setup that can possibly be worn in a concealed fashion, or just for the aspect of being slightly more streamlined, and caveman simple, then the APC would probably be the ticket.

If you want the extra padding that the PIG provides, and don't mind the slight gain in bulk and weight, then I would go with the PIG. SKD has also done a pretty good job with adding bells and whistles that you can add on if you choose to (some of which will still work with the APC). The PIG would be your more overt option since it is slightly bulkier.

Just know that even with no padding, the APC has been very comfortable for me...but this probably has much more to do with the plates that you select than anything.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 06-16-12 at 08:32.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12