Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Remington 870 vs. Mossburg 500

Feedback Score
    Another +1 for the 870. I had an older Mossy with the adjustable choke on the end of barrel. Much happier with 870.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    You may want save that old 870 and buy a left-hand 870 sportsman... They sell in the $200 range… That would be a great base gun for your project and would be very unique with the ejection port on the lest side and the reversed safety...

Just a thought…

Buck

Oh the horror ! ! !

Don't worry guys, the more I thought about it, the less I could bring myself to do it. I did buy a 20" barrel for it though and gave it to the wife.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    Anyone try the 870 with the Knoxx stock on it?
    i have the knox spec-ops stock. looks kinda wierd compared to a m4 stock that it is trying to emulate. the recoil is just a tad lighter than the wood stock i had originaly, but after about a case of bird shot and some clay shooting, my shoulder really apreiciates that little difference!

Feedback Score

Wink

I'd have to say i love my mossy. it's the first shotgun i've owned and have had it for a good ten years now. i'm probably 4500 rounds in to it, with 1100 of those coming in the last year(walmart had a good sale). i'm sure that's not alot for most of you on here, with what i've read so far. but i've never had a problem with it, and enjoy shooting it. and the wife flat rapes every time we go shooting, lol! i think for the price and function it is a great scatter gun. and with it's primary role being an intimidator for some common sense challenged turd who wants what i got it does the job in great fashion. That being said, if anybody on here lives in wyoming or close to, and wants to build a case for their 870 i'd love to shoot with them. I've shot one (870) before at a range but 10 rounds is hardly enough to build an opinion on the weapon. With the guns i've seen on here they sure are some cool and convincing tools should somebody need persuasion.

Feedback Score
    I have had a M-500 with a slug barrel since the late 70's, I have a 870, 1100 and a 1187. I am left handed and have left hand safeties in the Rem rt hand guns. The reloading and clearing go faster that way. I keep going back to my Mossy - maybe because it fits good or the safety is easy or it's just an old friend. They all do the job. They all have had issues and I would trust my life to all of them but I favor the Mossberg. It feels good. Go with what works for you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456