Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What brand of flashlights contend with Surefire?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop556 View Post
    I never bought into the Surefire pricing and hype until I took a class with one of their reps and really got to see what exactly goes into the R&D for their lights. They might be a bit behind others when it comes to features but you know when a Surefire light hits the market it's ready to go and will be bombproof.

I've wanted to like Streamlight for a long time but three of the four Streamlight products I own have all shit the bed. Just can't see buying any more when a few more dollars gets me a light that lasts.

With a new LED upgrade my 10 year old 9P still rocks as a solid go-to light.
    This pretty much sums up my experience. I don't exactly appreciate SF prices, but nothing pisses me off more than a light that doesn't work when you need it. I just pony up for these necessities now.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Flashlight wise I can't think of anyone although Inforce is making quite a giant leap into the weaponlight/ handheld light arena.

As for helmet lights Princeton tec would be a contender.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    SureFire all the way.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would be interested in opinions on Elzetta lights. I bought one because they're a local company, and it's served me well, but I haven't demanded that much of it yet.

Acknowledging their line is not as diverse as Surefire's, how are they built, and how's their quality?
    This isn't an illegal gun, it's an "undocumented protection device". Don't be so insensitive.

Feedback Score
    Insight not on par??

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    SF customer service is really good too.

I bought an aviator years ago. The light went out in about 3 days. Called them and before I could finish my sentence they were telling me they are sending me a new bulb assembly. That one is still running.

This light was before leds became the norm.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Insight would be my second choice. But all my lights are SF.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    HDS lights are pretty sweet. Also US made, not a straight "tactical" light though.

elzetta is up there, they contain malkoff emitters which are great, and US made.

Honestly though there's enough surefire 6 series lights floating around that you may as well buy a used one and put in your own malkoff head.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Here's my pairing of SF and MD. These two together could probably be a contender?

what model light is that?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I've had great experiences with the Pelican M6 series. I don't know about engineering and research that goes into it like other companies, but it's been on par with my G2 and C2 Surefires for function, lumen output and battery life as well as being utterly unbreakable. It's been my go to light on duty for the past five years. And cheaper than the high end Surefires as well.
    Last edited by Grand58742; 06-17-12 at 15:11.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast