Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What brand of flashlights contend with Surefire?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The new pricing is making me look at alternatives to SF.

Feedback Score
    I am a big fan of Fenix lights!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    The new pricing is making me look at alternatives to SF.
    1+ to this. Over the years I've gotten some decent deals on my SF lights, but those deals are getting few and far between. I bought my X300 for $149, now they are going for $275. I'd love a second once for my wife's pistol, but at that price it ain't happening unless I find a deal on a used or PD return or something.

Feedback Score
    Surefires are not bombproof, my buddy's got blown in half by an IED in trashcanistan.

They are good, but not bombproof

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveshamockery View Post
    I would be interested in opinions on Elzetta lights. I bought one because they're a local company, and it's served me well, but I haven't demanded that much of it yet.

Acknowledging their line is not as diverse as Surefire's, how are they built, and how's their quality?
    They appear to be built like a tank and in a pinch, they serve as a hammer. At fist I thought it was just for show, but we did spend some time pounding nails at SHOT.

Feedback Score
    Check out Fenix lights, they are very nice and have lots of features for the price. I have been very pleased with mine and plan to buy more in the future, it's just too bad they don't make weapon lights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FourSevens lights are ultra bright, ultra durable, full of modes and settings, and reasonably priced. Most models run Cree XM-L emitters. Their CS has been great too (I once called them because I cracked the emitter head glass (totally my fault) and they were speedy and helpful in the response)

Feedback Score
    The only problem I can see with trying to get away from Surefire is that most of the respectable manufacturers have created mounts specifically for Surefire models

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    what model light is that?
    SureFire M2 Centurion with a Malkoff Devices drop-in LE.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JML2321 View Post
    Check out Fenix lights, they are very nice and have lots of features for the price. I have been very pleased with mine and plan to buy more in the future, it's just too bad they don't make weapon lights.
    That's kinda exactly it - there are quite a few non-SF makers that put out lights that outperform them (battery life, lumen output, feature listing), but when it comes to weapon mounted or extreme use, there are only certain models from certain other manufacturers.

The durability is really the only reason I'm willing to pay top dollar for previous generation CREE units in a light - SF weaponlights fill that role better than anything else.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast