Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Igman Ammo anybody?

Feedback Score

Igman Ammo anybody?

I tried to search and could not find much on Igman M193 ammo. I was wondering if anyone has used same and had any issues (loose primers, weak loads or any other problem). Anyone know agverage volectiy on a 16" barrell with this ammo? I have noticed privi seems to have been sold out all over the place and now starting to see Igman stuff.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

It's fine. I bought a thousand rounds about 4-5 years ago, when a bunch of it was built as U.S. gummint M855, and ended up being rejected because it averaged about 12fps too slow for milspec!

M855 was a LOT scarcer then, and the stuff was relatively cheap, so I snagged some from CTD, and test-fired 100 rounds. No hiccups in either a POF-415 or an M&P15T at the time. It should be GTG.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_DAVE View Post
    I tried to search and could not find much on Igman M193 ammo. I was wondering if anyone has used same and had any issues (loose primers, weak loads or any other problem). Anyone know agverage volectiy on a 16" barrell with this ammo? I have noticed privi seems to have been sold out all over the place and now starting to see Igman stuff.
    I have shot most of the M193 on the market and find the the CBC m193 to be some of the best there is.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=106330

C4

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    There was some of this ammo in the U.S a few years back and the reviews were so-so. We had some in Iraq as well around the same time we got the Prvi Partizan.

From the prices I have seen, it is over priced and I wouldn't buy it unless there was nothing else on the market.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    From the prices I have seen, it is over priced and I wouldn't buy it unless there was nothing else on the market.
    This...I bought a case during the last election year frenzy at around $300. I know ammo has gone up slightly in price since then, but a 33% markup is a little over the top. I believe it's also been imported as "Phase Line" ammo so you might try some search terms for that as well.

Overall, it's decent ammo that goes bang when you pull the trigger, but way overpriced these days as IG said.
    Last edited by Grand58742; 06-11-12 at 12:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If this has "IK" on the headstamp be careful when reloading. The flash hole is smaller than other 5.56 cases and requires a universal decapper. If you try to decap with your sizer die it will snap your decapping pin.
    Last edited by vaglocker; 06-11-12 at 15:03.
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I thought 400 for a thousand of unknown ammo was a bit much. When Prvi was just 315 for a thousand a few months ago. But I am afriad when Prvi M193 gets back in stock it will be at about 400.

I very well may be placing an order for some of that CBC soon.
    Anyway Thanks for all the Feed back.
    Last edited by NC_DAVE; 06-12-12 at 07:40.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Resurrecting this thread as I have seen a lot of this ammo online for cheaper than most I can find. Mod's I will start a new thread if it is desired.

Any updated reviews on this stuff?
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    Resurrecting this thread as I have seen a lot of this ammo online for cheaper than most I can find. Mod's I will start a new thread if it is desired.

Any updated reviews on this stuff?
    I am curious also...

Feedback Score
    Me too? Maybe it's available because nobody is buying it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast