Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying a $2,000+ 1911?

Feedback Score
    Hi guys, first post.

But yes, I carry my WC CQB, the wife carries my CQB Compact for now. We are saving for her to order her own.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Athirst5IoN View Post

My mouth drools over the idea of getting an Ed Brown Special Forces Carry.
    This is exactly what I carry. Not daily, as I am in and out of a hospital for work, but it is my go to pistol. I own and carry other 1911's, a glock 19, and an HK USP, but my Ed Brown is the pistol I feel most comfortable with. It has scratches and imperfections, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Once an Ed Brown is handled, your hands don't want to shoot much else. This has been my experience.

Good luck in your journey.

ps… I found mine on gunbroker for <1700. I sold a G30 and Springfield milspec to fund it. Deals are out there.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

This leads me to my question... Does anyone here actually carry their highly expensive semi-custom 1911's daily? I get the feeling that if I ever did fork out the cash for one, I'm not sure that I could bring myself to carry around something that valuable every day (shooting the heck out of it is a different story).
    No, I carried a true custom for a decade pretty much 24/7. Ti framed commander built to my spec. Since changing to the M&P platform as my focus, I don't carry the 1911 now.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-11-12 at 16:37.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Carried this Ed Brown for years.

Feedback Score
    DAT85, how do you like the snakeskin treatment on the Kobra Carry?
    Personally,I prefer checkering.

For a grip purchase,I prefer something course.

Snakeskin pattern texture is grippy,but not course.I like 20 lpi checkering better.

DAT85

Feedback Score
    Yes. If you ever have to use it, the $2,000 you spent on the gun will probably be the least of your worries.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I wouldn't buy a Rolex, I think that would be a waste of money.
    It was just the best analogy I could come up with at the moment, mainly because I think I want to buy a Rolex for myself before the year is over.

[/QUOTE]Maybe it's just because I've never dropped high amounts of cash on anything except a house and a car.[/QUOTE]

House or car, hu? Well then I guess a "high dollar" 1911 would be relatively inexpensive.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score
    Yes. A MARS Axiom.
    If you choose to go with the 1911, a good set of sights is a must, it has to be reliable, and accurate. Get a good rig too, and shoot the hell out of it.

I think Mr. Vickers says it best though "If you treat your guns like your lawn mower, the 1911 is not for you." ( I think I got his quote close)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You don't need to spend $2k to get a 1911 you can trust your life to. If you want one, then yes, cary it everyday. If I had a $2k handgun bought to carry daily, you best betcha Hong Kong believe it I'd be carrying it everyday.

I paid good money for a Jeep Grand Cherokee and the guys at work couldn't believe I personally applied Mojave Pinstriping to the paint the first weekend and covered it in mud the next. But that's what I bought it for, to get out go wheeling and explore with my sons. It was worth it
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-12-12 at 03:14.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2brute View Post
    Carried this Ed Brown for years.

That is a beauty!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccrn_csc
    ps… I found mine on gunbroker for <1700. I sold a G30 and Springfield milspec to fund it. Deals are out there.]
    That is a deal. Seems as if I just need to keep my eyes open!

Thanks for all the feed back guys.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast