Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying a $2,000+ 1911?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nighthawk here. GRP RECON with an X300. I have carried it for the last 2.5 years. Thats what I bought it for.
    There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A couple of years ago I carried a Les Baer 5" custom carry (with options) daily.

It was a great gun, and worked very well for what I wanted... but then I got to thinking about if I had to use it, and the wait time while the police had it, and the money tied up in it...

So I sold it and bought several Glocks (I don't keep a gun that I don't plan to carry/use regularly).

Now I have choices, rather than a ton of money tied up in one piece.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    By all means absolutely! Just be prepared that if you we'd use your work of mechanical combat art in a SD shooting, it might/will be taken as evidence until everything is cleared.

I don't know that I'd want my local Police abusing and F'ing my custom 1911 up in an evidence getting thrown around and beat to hell.

That's why I carry Combat Tupperware...if I need to use it and big brother has to take it as a result...I don't care if I ever see it again! It did it's job! And I can replace it with 3,4,5,6 more new/used Glocks for that kind of coin.

Just my .02

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yes.. I carry one all the time.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    If you can swing a 2-3 grand 1911...go for it.

I fail to understand those that buy guns and either don't carry them or shoot them.

Just keep in mind that if you DO use it in a SD shooting...it will be taken and beaten to death and you probably won't see it again.

I'd rather carry a 3-400 dollar used Glock for SD, because I figure that I won't need the 1" group-shooting of the high end 1911. I also don't care if the police take it and I never see it again. I also have kids to feed, clothe and put braces on so a 2-3 grand pistol is just out of the question.

If you like it....go for it. The higher end makers really put together some nice guns.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    I hear the "money tied up in an evidence locker" argument against carrying a semi-custom 1911 often. But I almost never hear the same argument against an AR-15. And when I look in my gun safe it seems to me that a quality M4gery with a nice rail, RDS, weapon light, upgraded furniture, etc., can easily approach the cost of a semi-custom 1911. Why the different perspectives on money tied up in a weapon system?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2brute View Post
    I hear the "money tied up in an evidence locker" argument against carrying a semi-custom 1911 often. But I almost never hear the same argument against an AR-15. And when I look in my gun safe it seems to me that a quality M4gery with a nice rail, RDS, weapon light, upgraded furniture, etc., can easily approach the cost of a semi-custom 1911. Why the different perspectives on money tied up in a weapon system?
    Good point, I haven't thought of it that way before... and I do have a pretty good amount of money tide up in my DD middy build.

Feedback Score
    Just my .02 - carry a Colt and save the rest of your money for an expensive defense attorney.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Ed2brute,

Because we are talking about a concealed carry piece which should be on you a whole lot more than your tricked out AR.
    Last edited by donlapalma; 06-12-12 at 16:19.

Feedback Score
    If you have one, love it and shoot the best with it... Carry it. That's why I carry my Supergrade. If the cops end up taking it rather than sending me on my way, so be it. I would order another one that day and find a way to pay for it.

If you shoot a $400 Glock best, carry that.
    (Formerly known as Red State Tactical)
    m4carbine.net Technical Support Admin

"Why buy a Raptor when a Dakota will do the same job for less?" - Internet Experts

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast