Thread: Modular Light Holster Options

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Modular Light Holster Options

I know this has been asked before, but I haven't seen much too recently aside from a post just over a year ago and I think my question is a bit more specific. I feel like holsters are really hard since there are so many options and I'm trying to find the right one for me. I have a pancake style (OTG) that I'm not entirely crazy about so I don't know if I want to try the RCS. I don't know if I'm not in love with it as a pancake style, or just something from that company specifically. My only light compatible holster is from Garrett Industries that I just got. I love their IWB Silent Thunder, but I can't find a happy medium between fit/security and ease of draw for the OWB w/ light.

I want something that will be able to switch between different belt sizes (1.5" and 1.75") and MOLLE, adjustable cant would be nice, and have thought about models with a hood. I like the idea of a suede lining on the Safariland models (my GI holsters have leather lining, idk which would be more durable). I think I also read that some Safariland models retain the pistol without a light attached which would be great. Modularity is important to me. I know there are many other options like Blade-Tech and tons of pancake styles out there. Any ideas what would best fill my needs?

FWIW, I'm looking for a G19 w/ TLR-1 and if I like that one enough, a 1911 w/ X300. Primary use will be for any classes and range time/training. If I can conceal it well enough (doubtful), then I'd consider it as EDC too.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Safariland ALS series holster with the MLS to enable moving the holster around to various platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just to make sure you know.. A lined holster with debris embedded in the liner will scratch a firearm's finish a whole helluva lot faster and worse than any Kydex will wear it. It will also make it more difficult to clean debris from the holster. You may want to reevaluate your priorities.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Hmm good point. I was also considering the G-Code SOC series, but 1. the RTI system (that I think is great for adaptability) probably sticks out super far and 2. as much as I like being able to change the lower cowling for different light options, I dislike the gap between the two halves and the barrel plug. I've read you can take that out but then dirt and stuff can just get in through there.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Bump?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Based off what you're looking for, I'd give RCS a try. I wouldn't let a relatively new maker turn you off from the style, when RCS has years of experience and lots of product support.

Leather lining a kydex holster makes no sense at all IMO. Leather will mess up the finish more easily, doesn't handle exposure to the elements as well, and silencing the draw on an object that is going to make a very loud boom in a second or two makes no sense. I can understand lining the outside with leather, for aesthetic reasons, but i honestly don't understand lining the inside. Again, just my opinion and not a knock on GI - they make great stuff.

Why do you need it MOLLE compatible? Why not just run a 1.75" or even 2" belt with an inner belt? If MOLLE is a must have, I'd still say RCS and use zip ties.

That's my opinion, since you can use it for training and concealment, and it will shine in both roles. That allows you to train how you carry. Concealing a G19/TLR1 should not be difficult. Just order the RCS, all the belt attachments you need, and if it doesn't work - take advantage of their refund policy.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I just got my RCS holster for my G34 with X300 and I gotta say it was worth the 4 month wait.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2