Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory TRP Review

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I am sure youwill love it. I have had mine for a while now and is my favorite pistol.

Looks like my HD setup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post

Looks like my HD setup

Copycat! Hahaha.. nice piece there! How do you like those grips?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sweet blasters guys! I carry a Glock 19 but my true love is a well built 1911. I've really wanted a TRP for sometime now and you guys are pushing me over the edge.

Who has the best pricing for the standard TRP?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Sweet blasters guys! I carry a Glock 19 but my true love is a well built 1911. I've really wanted a TRP for sometime now and you guys are pushing me over the edge.

Who has the best pricing for the standard TRP?
    TRP's are pretty standard in price. You are going to pay for them because the demand is high. If you could find one for $1300-$1400 new I would scoop it up. First time you shoot it you will forget about the price anyways. . Check out gunbroker because they are tough to find at times.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
    -Adjustable rear sight (not a con for me, but it is for many)
    Hilton Yam of 10-8 Performance has just released a model of his excellent rear sight for the Bo-Mar cuts on the TRP. More robust for single-handed manipulations but you do lose the adjustibility of the OEM rear.

Link: http://www.10-8performance.com/1911-...ear-sight-kit/
    "Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget that you come from a long line of truth-seekers, lovers and warriors." - Hunter S. Thompson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I love mine more than any other handgun I've ever owned. It's my go to handgun.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Why do you not post 25 yard accuracy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Why do you not post 25 yard accuracy?
    i had a trp operator for a while and loved it. the need to use a tool for disassembly was a minor inconvenience but i usually go a couple months of range sessions and matches between cleanings. the weight of the railed frame and the strong recoil spring made it the softest shooting stock 1911 i have fired to date.

i carried mine and in the summer i had to wipe down the adjustable sight daily as it is not finished with the armory kote and it will rust.

while not directed to me, Littlelebowski, i usually show groups at 7 yds as that is the distance i normally practice at. for me that is a practical distance as i am in an urban area; there are no shots i would need to take in my house at 25yds, a street encounter is unlikely to occur where i need to engage at that distance, and the matches i shoot rarely have targets any further away than 10 yds.

here is a short vid taken last year while recovering from surgery, shooting was my mental therapy.
    youtube http://youtu.be/rwdQIKjwTao

the only reason i got rid of the trp operator was to trade it towards a trp-pro.

its the only gun that would not have made me regret getting rid of the trp operator.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If you're going to post pictures of groups, 25 yards is a reasonable distance to showcase the mechanical accuracy of the pistol/shooter. Rifle groups under 100 yards aren't very interesting, neither are pistol groups under 25 yards.

I have no idea why people think because they are in an urban setting that shooting/training at 25 yards is unrealistic. A typical street is can be more wide than that. You can get distances MUCH longer than that inside of many buildings in urban areas.

To the OP, the TRP is the only 1911 I've seen that meets everyone of the wants on my list in a COTS solution.

Feedback Score
    I am most concerned about my ability to place a round at 10yds.
    In a 'real world' hostage/shield situation, 25 yds is beyond my abilities.
    Cheap-Fast-Good
    Pick any two.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast