Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which "tactical" gloves?

Feedback Score

Which "tactical" gloves?

I like to use shooting gloves, and I recently got an all black pair of Mechanix gloves.

They fit and feel great but the material on the back of the hand and fingers gets picked and frays badly.

The coarse side of Velcro really does a number on them.

Are there gloves out there under $50 per pair that won't pick and fray as easily?

Or should I just live with it and replace them when needed?

Thanks all.

Feedback Score
    Anyone?

Feedback Score
    heres another thread going on about the same topic
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=10938
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gloves are going to wear if you use them. I have am on my second set of Mechanix gloves that I use just for shooting. And they hold up well.
    However, am not a big fan of the velcro band on them ( it tends to rub my wrist a bit) so have recently picked up a pair of the Fastfit gloves that Mechanix offers and they work well. Expect I'll replace these in a couple of years when they wear out. My with another of the same.

There are a number of gloves out there that can work for shooting, some will fit and feel great but may not wear as well as others.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    I like to use shooting gloves, and I recently got an all black pair of Mechanix gloves.

They fit and feel great but the material on the back of the hand and fingers gets picked and frays badly.

The coarse side of Velcro really does a number on them.

Are there gloves out there under $50 per pair that won't pick and fray as easily?

Or should I just live with it and replace them when needed?

Thanks all.

For tactical applications, IMO, you will be hard pressed to find a better pair of gloves than the mechanixs gloves for the simple fact that they protect your hands from being burnt/heat when your working around a hot weapon. The next runner up would be NOMEX aviators gloves either cut down or the short cuff ones. Both offer you a good deal of dexterity and at the price a pair of Mechanixs gloves costs you can't go wrong.

People wear certain types of gloves for different reasons, most I find is personal preference. But if you've ever put a lot of rounds through a gun in a short period of time in a tactical situation, being able to handle it or other items without getting burned moves up pretty high on the order of importance....at least in my experience.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys,

I do like the Mechanix, just was curious about gloves that might not pick and fray.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Vickers Glove.

bottom right

Before them I was using the Wiley X "CAG" glove - and while nice are not nearly as comfortable or as dexterious (is that a word?) as the Vickers glove.

They hugely better than the Mechanix or Nomex "flight" gloves.

I just need a set in Tan because the OD/RG ones make me clash colors
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Is that a factory built HK21E? Or is that a conversion that was purpose built??

Feedback Score
    Last edited by MIKE G; 05-06-17 at 15:08.

Feedback Score
    Mechanix gloves are fine for turning wrenches or firing your gun at the range.

They are more for being able to do fine work and still protect your hands. They are great for that.

But... for any kind of hard use they will not hold up. At least the ones I use from the cheap 10 dollars ones to the 30 dollar range.

I can blow through a pair of Mechanix gloves in just a few days/weeks of hard use. usually the fingers rip through.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast