Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1911 is to VMII as Glock is to ______?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Frankly they look like a woman's garters. I don't get all the extra widgets and attachments. In my world, everytime you use a fastener you introduce a failure point, and these things seem to have a lot of fasteners.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Raven Concealment System !

I stole this picture from my homee JG.

ToddG Guest
    I won't use a holster with kydex belt clips anymore. Too many people (myself included) have had holsters and mag pouches break ... especially mag pouches. The mag pouches are particularly notorious for breaking off during high-speed exits from vehicles.

The original kydex holster (Mad Dog) used a solid belt loop which was made from the same continuous piece of kydex with no seams, clips, etc. I recently had a very similar holster built for me by Custom Carry Concepts with the addition of a shirt guard. I've been very happy with it, fwiw.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Raven Concealment System !

I stole this picture from my homee JG.
    I may have to give on of those a try. Their website sure doesn't make ordering easy though.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I may have to give on of those a try. Their website sure doesn't make ordering easy though.
    I ordered from the "malabar front", they're actually the same guys at Raven, just on the other side of the house. The name sound like some kind of middle east terrorist organization, doesn't it?

I didn't think it was that tough to order, and I'm no computer genius.

Check out my review below, with more pictures. BTW, I'm not associated with them nor do I get any kickback from my praise of their products.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=9048

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the "malabar front" heads up, helped alot.

Their IWB kydex loops don't seem to be size-specific though.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Thanks for the "malabar front" heads up, helped alot.

Their IWB kydex loops don't seem to be size-specific though.
    You're welcome. The tuckable overhook, standard overhook clips and rubber belt loops will fit at least a 1.5" belt (that's what I have). They appear to have enough room for 1.75" belts. Don't be concerned, the clips fit my 1.5" Wilderness belt snugly and the holster doesn't wiggle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nerd alert: "The Malabar Front" is a reference from Orwell's 1984. Interesting name for a company.

I like those holsters. I've been looking for something like that for my G19. Thanks for the link and the review!

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just placed an order for the holster & rubber loops. I'll post again when I get it. Thanks guys.

I have some kydex sheets at home too. I may try to make my own variation of this design once I get it and can get hands-on.

Feedback Score
    Might be slightly off-topic but I just ordered a Blade-Tech Stingray belt holster for my Glock 17. This will be my first holster so I wont have anything to base it off of but from what I hear they're nice. Next will be some sort of IWB holster for my G19 I want to get.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast