Thread: 1100 help

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

1100 help

I was out a the local three gun today and while running my rem 1100 I had a few problems. For the most part the gun ran well (very) but on thee occasions I would fire the bolt would cycle but it would not chamber a new shell, I did a an immediate action and it ran good, but this happened 3 times total.

Any ideas on whats the problem and how to fix it, or is it something I got to live with? Thanks all in advance

Not looking for should have bought a xxxxx
    Last edited by Guns-up.50; 06-17-12 at 17:01.
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You didn't mention whether or not you have an Easyloader, but if so you may want to check here for suggestions.

Feedback Score
    Check your gas ports on the barrel sometimes they become fouled.
    I use torch tip cleaner of the proper size, or a drill bit will clean them out too.
    See if this helps
    Also an 1100 likes to be run with a minimal amount of oil and make sure your O ring is in good shape.

Chuck

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    When I shot competive rem 1100 were know for having issues agter they had a few rounds through them. It was due to the tube that runs into the stock the bolt rides on. It gets worn and needs replacement with a steel one.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Clean the magazine tube out thoroughly and clean the spring as well--fouling and dust might have accumulated there over time and made it hang up ever so slightly.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    thanks all i will check it out
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY