Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castle rock case

Feedback Score

Castle rock case

New to AR, Just got my first AR DDM4V5, and Aimpoint PRO, Need a soft discreat case and another hard case to travel out of state.

I'm looking ar castle rock case http://www.castlerocktactical.com/crt_dc16.htm, But I like to travel over another state, Will Pelican 1700 http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1700 and also Traveling with M&P 40FS and Ruger SR22 pictol, and some ammo, will Pelican 1700 fit?

Thanks guys..
    Last edited by cmichael; 06-17-12 at 21:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fine products. You dont really need both. Even when traveling extended distances over rough terrain, no DD AR is going to sustain damage in a soft case that will impair its function. But if you believe you need a hard case, your money. All three guns will fit in either case with room for a few mags for each, depending on how many accessories/how much support gear you think you need to take with it, you may want to take any old backpack any maybe keep your defensive handgun in it. Throw it in a handgun case of your choice if you want. Not to derail, but just keeping the guns separate when left in a vehicle is always smart. If you can easily access your vehicle's frame via a seat mount, I highly suggest investing in some good chain and padlocks. Lock the 1700 to the frame, deter most grab and dashes.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for reply...I need a hard case for travel in the plane, So I need a soft case inside the hard case for protection.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Let me start by saying the castle rock case is awesome as a discreet case. It holds alot, is very well made and is a very small package. It is on the wide side though. I do own one and just measured it (without any gear in) and it is about 5 1/2 inches wide and 26 1/2 long. Might be able to stuff it in the hardcase but i would not suggest that setup. Maybe a shorter hardcase thats about an inch wider would better suite you with that setup?
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    How about Pelican storm im2950 http://pelican.com/cases_detail_stor...hp?Case=iM2950, I can put some another stuff into.

Michael.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is up to you. That would be better because you could cut the foam to secure te castle rock bag. Another issue to keep in mind with the castle rock is that you have to break the at down so it isn't the speediest of bags once you hit the range
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I wouldn't go with anything smaller than the 1720, I recommend the 1720 though. You'll find that you run out of space fast. Make sure you leave enough room for adequate padding between items. For an AR and one to two pistols, plus magazines for them all, the 1720 is your case.

I found a local business that will cut my 1720's foam for about $150.00, a bargain to have it done right.

Also, buy the best case the first time. Do it right and you will be happy with it. If not you'll look at it and it'll just eat at you.
    Last edited by SW-Shooter; 06-18-12 at 21:41.

Feedback Score
    I think the Storm IM 2950 fit the bill, I like the compact discreet look of Castle rock case, I can also put 2 pistol and some ammo and cloths inside the Storm IM2950, I had meny nice suit case the pass, but all got destroy from airport handler, I like the size 29X18X10.5 of the Storm, But Pelican did not make the size.

Anyone have this combo?

Michael.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    If you travel what are you going to use for you DD rifle? The soft case doesn't meet airline standards. The Storm is too small.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post
    If you travel what are you going to use for you DD rifle? The soft case doesn't meet airline standards. The Storm is too small.
    DDM4V5 inside Castle Rock, Castle Rock inside Pelican.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast