Thread: Ordering / Shipping ammo these days - Insurance ????

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Ordering / Shipping ammo these days - Insurance ????

I ordered a couple thousand rounds of AK ammo from Global Ordnance. I received one package via UPS shortly after, the other 1,000 rounds is 27 days out. I just called for the second time and they are shipping a replacement. I hardly ever buy the insurance, but I did this time because I didn't receive a different package from post office. A friend shipped me something priority mail that just never showed up, worth $200. So this made me leery of future shipments.

I was never a guy that bought shipping insurance but it might be worth it these days. Just an FYI. Anyone else run into shipping issues?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    No issues here, with private shippers; Fedx, UPS.

The USPS is off the rails incompetent though.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have worked in logistics/supply chain for 16 years and have never seen it as bad as it is now. Small parcel (FedEx and UPS) along with LTLs are completely unreliable now. I have a lady that works for me that spends the majority of her day tracking inbound shipments and the delays are more common than not and a lot of times unexplainable. We have shipments that just disappear and never show up with no explanation from the carrier.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I have worked in logistics/supply chain for 16 years and have never seen it as bad as it is now. Small parcel (FedEx and UPS) along with LTLs are completely unreliable now. I have a lady that works for me that spends the majority of her day tracking inbound shipments and the delays are more common than not and a lot of times unexplainable. We have shipments that just disappear and never show up with no explanation from the carrier.
    I'm in medical devices, we have the same nightmare at work too. And I catch the heat on that sht too.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    IIRC, the automatic insurance on a USPS package is $50 or $100 (the guy tells me). I'm usually not shipping off anything that's worth more than that...

USPS lost a riflescope several years ago, and their insurance ultimately paid for it, after they investigated...

Generally I think it's the sender's problem to deal with a missing shipment, but I just ordered ammo from KyGunCo, and they charge extra for insurance, so I paid it. (It was two or three bucks, and the total was still less than their competitors.)

Feedback Score
    IIRC, the automatic insurance on a USPS package is $50 or $100 (the guy tells me). I'm usually not shipping off anything that's worth more than that...

USPS lost a riflescope several years ago, and their insurance ultimately paid for it, after they investigated...

Generally I think it's the sender's problem to deal with a missing shipment, but I just ordered ammo from KyGunCo, and they charge extra for insurance, so I paid it. (It was two or three bucks, and the total was still less than their competitors.)

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    The $2 it costs from who I buy from, I see it as peace of mind.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    The $2 it costs from who I buy from, I see it as peace of mind.
    Agreed... That riflescope was a purchase via GunBroker, and it took weeks and dozens of e-mails and calls to sort it out.

Doing the same thing for ammo (which I'm always shipping to friends/family out of state) would be a bureaucratic nightmare.