Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Zen of the 100 Yard Zero

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    Excellent, thanks.

I have shot steel plates out to 400M with the irons, and simply used the adjustments. Holding COM, I hit the plate. However, the sight lives on the 100M setting 95% of the time, so I was curious what it was doing on paper.

As for the neck hold @ 300M, I assume that doing so places my shot in the chest?
    It would be a high chest shot with M193 and center chest shot with M855 shot out of a carbine.
    Last edited by T2C; 10-03-13 at 22:39.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are there any videos..youtube or otherwise...that show a visual explanation and example of what the op and others have explained here? Especially the RIBZ method?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Are there any videos..youtube or otherwise...that show a visual explanation and example of what the op and others have explained here? Especially the RIBZ method?
    Ribz is a zeroing scheme for folks that are tied to the A2 style rear sight.

A 100 meter/yard zero is more oriented to optics.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect. now Free
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    deleted.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 10-07-13 at 00:22.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use a 50 yard zero but I'll have to check this out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Ribz is a zeroing scheme for folks that are tied to the A2 style rear sight.

A 100 meter/yard zero is more oriented to optics.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect. now Free
    Now that I am experimenting with optics I find a 200 meter/yard zero works best with iron sights and a 100 meter/yard zero works best with magnified optics.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Advance apology to the Admin/ moderator is this is the appropriate place to this query.

I'm limited to going to two range for BCM Midlength: Article 2 (25 yard range) or GAT ( 50 and 75 yard range)
    Article 2 is my choice due mainly to proximity. This is where I started sighting my middy (iron sights only). My experience is mainly on what I learned in the Marine Corp.
    Article 2 is also where I co-witness my Aimpoint H1.
    I'm okay with this setup since, I'm not into long range shooting. Mostly for home protection/SHTF. That's a separate thread.

In between getting invited to GAT, where a few friends took me to the 75 yard, of course my shots where wildly off. Already I knew, I cannot use my H1 in this range.
    So for 40 rounds, I had to walk my shots to bulleyes. Two shots and adjusting my frontsight, mostly going down, using GAT's rifle sled (which I'm not familiar, but, got the jest of keeping my shots steady.

Maybe due to excitement, I forgot that I may have ruined my zero for my intended purpose of owning this rifle.

So I asked to be educated on where is a better place to zero rifle again: Article 2 or GAT. --- intended purpose again is for home defense/SHTF

I'm not against, seeking professional schooling since both offer classes or even getting a 3x multiplier scope to compliment my Aimpoint H1

THANKS in advance

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Most excellent thread, glad I found it. Can't wait to get out and give it a try. Sadly, we presently have about 6 inches of snow and counting... Thank you for sharing!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great read, thanks for your time and effort putting this together. I am sure many shooters out there can benefit from this. Myself, I have dedicated systems. I never touch the adjustments on the 5.56, I just hold from 50 to 400. The .308, I hold to a specific distance, then use my dope for farther distance to get me on target.
    CHECK YOUR SIX!!!

Certified GLOCK ARMORER

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast