Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Zen of the 100 Yard Zero

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but for your POA with a red-dot, do you prefer to use the center of the dot as your reference point, or do you use the top edge of the dot for greater precision? I suspect that it's less of an issue with the 2 MOA dot, but I'm just curious.

Thanks for the great summary.
    I use the center of the dot as the apparent size of the dot will change with varying intensity, illumination, and background color.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Will you make this thread a Sticky or add it to the AR15 Zeros and Trajectories Sticky?

Feedback Score
    100 m zero guy here for the reasons stated. However, I initially used it because I got an ACOG, and it was calibrated for a 100 m zero.

Regarding irons, I like the Revised Improved Battlesight Zero, but you need the A2-style drum rear sight to implement it. This scheme provides the ability to use the small aperture with an approximate 100 yard zero, the large aperture in the standard 50/200 range, and the small aperture again from 300 yards out using the drum.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Feedback Score
    F2S, great explanation on how it works. I did the ground work for the 100m zero on our 25m indoor range and did a quick field test on it out at an LE 3 gun match last Saturday. The 25m ground work put me dead on (pure luck I think) and I was able to shoot fairly competatively, at least in the rifle portion. I am going to be working to get all of our folks swapped over to the 100m zero on thier rifles, in this line of business it just makes to much sense.

+1 on making this a sticky.
    Terra, obumbravit, Terra malum, Illi qui seminat semina itineris, Quare reum esse?

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much this is great information!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You sold me. I'm all for less guesswork, less variables, less math.

Thanks for taking the time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well written and the graphics clearly illustrate the point. This is typical of why I pay attention to what F2S posts
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Excellent info here. This is exactly the type of information I was interested in when i broached this topic last week....thankfully a member here sent me your link. Great work!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For those running with an EOTech, I found this quick range estimation diagram. Basically, if your target is standing inside your 65moa ring, your range is roughly 100m.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    For those running with an EOTech, I found this quick range estimation diagram. Basically, if your target is standing inside your 65moa ring, your range is roughly 100m.
    don't you mean yards?
    never push a wrench...

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast