Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suppressors w/qd mounting?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBA_Joe View Post
    Yup. However, the Originally stated he was looking at QD Brakes, so I gave him an answer related to the question.

That said, his options open up significantly when factoring in FH options.
    True. But by the way he worded the question it seems as though he is looking for a supressor to mount on a muzzle device. Not specifically a brake. Most just so happen to have brake mounts. But that's just how I took it. Everyone has there own interrpritation. All the info he needs is in the thread.
    ATTENTION: What you just read may very well contain sarcasm! Judge me accordingly.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBA_Joe View Post
    Gemtech makes QD cans, but I don't think they make any muzzle brakes attachements.
    There is a reason they don't...
    Last edited by MarkG; 07-04-12 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have both AAC and YHM Cans. Although YHM cans are less expensive (and still work very well), they are much heavier. I would recommend the AAC.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on a mount, the Griffin Armament M4-SD suppressor attaches to the NATO STD A2 flash hider. That can may still be in pre-order phase, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    There is a reason they don't...
    Mind elaborating why?
    Last edited by Black; 07-04-12 at 11:08.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I have both AAC and YHM Cans. Although YHM cans are less expensive (and still work very well), they are much heavier. I would recommend the AAC.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on a mount, the Griffin Armament M4-SD suppressor attaches to the NATO STD A2 flash hider. That can may still be in pre-order phase, I'm not sure.

Mind elaborating why?
    Contact Kel, he would be the best source to have your questions answered.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post

Mind elaborating why?
    This isn't totally true now that YHM has there TI cans. Their old cans were very heavy. But not so much anymore.
    Last edited by nubs101; 07-04-12 at 16:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PWS makes a brake for the Gemtech bi lock's. Gemtech has A2 style and Vortex style also for use on their G5 series.

PWS

Standard Bi-lock

Vortex Bi lock

*edit to add pics.
    Last edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5; 07-04-12 at 19:45.

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry, I did mean to say flash hider or fh/mb combo like the yhm phantom.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton225 View Post
    I seen a show the other day (tacTV I think) where a suppressor was used and it just attached over the muzzle break.
    Who all makes a suppressor like that, and do you have to have a paticular brand/type muzzle break?
    I am looking at the Suppressed Armament Systems T.O.M.B system
    (Thread Over Muzzle Break)

http://www.milehighshooting.com/MHSA...t_Systems.html

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2theXtreme View Post
    Knight's does sell a flash hider that works as a mount for their QDS-NT4 suppressor for 92 bucks. Don't have to buy the 3T.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    IIRC KAC doesn't recommend the 3T for suppressor use, as they were concerned with bubbas shooting on FA and damaging the combo....
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12