Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An AK "guaranteed to turn heads"

Feedback Score

An AK "guaranteed to turn heads"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yuck!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    I turned my head when I threw up a little...

Don G. Guest
    Content deleted.

Feedback Score
    For my first post all i can say is, What a waste of an AK type rifle. I have seen that seller's ads on Gunbroker a lot,he posts a lot of Galil stuff( which is way overpriced). He is the Billy Mays of Gunbroker, his ads read like he is screaming everything.

Feedback Score
    Can't people see how cheesy these are?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Vietnam War Trophy Edition? I can think of a few enhancements that would make it a nice "trophy edition" like a necklace made of ears...

How can you make a special edition of a neutered rifle with no bayo lug and a thumbhole stock?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    That "Vietnam Commemorative" is a FEG rifle imported by my company (KBI) in the early '90's (after the Bush ban of 1989). The American Historical Foundation had contracted with us to build 2,000 of them. The project was such a flop that, if I remember correctly, only about 200 or so were actually sold. AHF offered these at the time for $2,000. I don't think they've increased another $1,000 in value though.

The FEG AKM was one of the finest AKM's ever produced. Unfortunately, the ones produced after '89 were neutered (no bayonet lug and thumbhole stock). The base rifle probably retailed around $350 in those days.

BTW, I kept one of these gaudy guns. Anybody wanting it for $1,200 is welcome to it. (Transfer to FFL of course.) Just a warning in advance that the crappy finish they (AHF) put on the wood has peeled and cracked over the years.
    Michael Kassnar
    President, K.B.I., Inc.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Daly View Post
    That "Vietnam Commemorative" is a FEG rifle imported by my company (KBI) in the early '90's (after the Bush ban of 1989). The American Historical Foundation had contracted with us to build 2,000 of them. The project was such a flop that, if I remember correctly, only about 200 or so were actually sold. AHF offered these at the time for $2,000. I don't think they've increased another $1,000 in value though.

The FEG AKM was one of the finest AKM's ever produced. Unfortunately, the ones produced after '89 were neutered (no bayonet lug and thumbhole stock). The base rifle probably retailed around $350 in those days.

BTW, I kept one of these gaudy guns. Anybody wanting it for $1,200 is welcome to it. (Transfer to FFL of course.) Just a warning in advance that the crappy finish they (AHF) put on the wood has peeled and cracked over the years.

I had one of your original SA-85M underfolders that you brought in around 1985/86, and wish I'd never gotten rid of it.

The Hungarian AKM's were some of the highest quality AK's out there.

Any chance of bringing in some single stack rifles that could be converted here to no-ban configuration, like the Arsenal SLR-105/106 series or the Century WASR line? I'd heard that FEG no longer manufactures AK variants but I wasn't 100% on that.

The American Historical Foundation was a few blocks down the street from my apartment when they were doing those, interesting place that churned out quite a lot of crap.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have an SSR-85B built from a Polish kit on an FEG receiver - this was back when Arsenal, USA could put out a good gun.

It doesn't have the bayo lug and the slant brake is perm, but it is a fine example of a semi-auto AKM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast