Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kydex Rifle / Pistol mag combo? Does it exist?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    +1 for the fast mags. You can adjust the tension and stack 2 rifle mags together or two pistol and a rifle mag together.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Rob at OTG (off the grid) and I believe armordillo do as well.

Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Took some nice pictureswith my camera, and then realized I left the cable at work. So here's some crappy ipad ones in the meantime:

Feedback Score
    check atomic dog holsters, I am pretty sure they will make pretty much anything you want if they don't have it already

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Kaluban Cloak makes a nifty looking rig which is double pistol, double rifle, plus flash light or knife.

http://www.calsentllc.com/KalubanCloak.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Sonny Rig is a bit different, as each item is separate and not required to be ran together. Which makes sense, as each item can be used in a concealment role or as a whole in an overt role.

Why would one fixed unit containing a rifle and pistol mag carrier be desirable though? The thread is just turning into a "here's the brand I bought" thread, without discussing the concept. At this point, someone should just copy and paste the list of makers on Kaluban's site to just get it out of the way so we can start talking about the concept behind it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We've had people request this carrier for years and we still maintain that it's a bad idea. The most common reason I get is for guys who want something that takes up less "real estate" on the belt.

The whole "real estate" argument is a common one, but one not often founded in logic. Unless you are a really small dude wearing a lot of gear, it's hardly ever an issue, especially when most people are only carrying 1 rifle mag and 2 pistol mags on their belt (most belts can't support much more than that comfortably anyway).

We have customers refuse to use our Pancake Wings on their holsters because it "takes up too much real estate." They add about 1/2" to each side of the gun, in locations that people very rarely ever carry anything else. The "real estate" problem is just a mental stumbling block that many think is important, often without ever actually having the problem.

Stacking pistol and rifle mags creates issues for access on the pistol mag, and especially when running a Pmag as the rifle magazine. The extended floor plate of the Pmag can often hit the baseplate of the pistol mag as it comes up and knock the pistol mag out of the users hands. I've seen it in class more times than I care to count.

The USGI Double Decker Taco is the best solution to this "problem," as the material stands the two mags apart enough to reduce the access issues considerably.

If one truly has no more room on their belt (even after a Sonny Rig, which provides access to every item individually), then this may be a carrier that makes sense. Just know that you'll be trading some accessibility for the real estate savings.
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Steve is asking the right question.....why? Tom provided a lot of good info.

The stacked mag carriers were designed for wearing on a PC or CIRAS type armor carrier. They were just ok for this and suck on a belt for all the reasons discussed.

What role are you looking at using this for?
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12