Thread: 1985 M1009 CUCV

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

1985 M1009 CUCV

WITHDRAWN.

I'm selling my 1985 4x4 M1009 CUCV, this one came from Camp Shelby, Mississippi. The odometer reads 15,363 miles. It has a 6.2 liter Detroit Diesel, TH400 auto transmission, NP 208 transfer case and Corporate 10 bolt axles. I bought a Dana 44 front axle to swap in it but never got the chance to swap them, so it will come with both axles. The only reason I bought a 44 is I prefer Dana axles. The engine fires right up and runs perfectly, the transmission shifts perfectly as well. I have already done the Doghead relay mod (from Steel Soliders) and put in a new glow plug controller card from antennaclimber (also from Steel Soldiers). The body needs a little work; the hood and tailgate have typical Chevy rust and it might just be easier to replace them. Otherwise there is just a little surface rust here and there, and a few pin holes in the front floor pans. There is plenty of desert sand I'll include at no additional cost! It also has a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires that look brand new. Price is $3,500.00 OBO. Truck is in Charleston, SC area.

Recent work I've done on it:

6/9 - Installed new wheel bearings/races, spindle bearings/seals in the front axle and changed the fluid in the the differential. I checked the U-joints and they're good.

6/16 - Changed fluid in rear axle, locker and gears look like new.

6/23 - Replaced the pitman shaft seal. There are no fluid leaks anymore on the truck and with proper pressure in the system the steering is great and the brakes stop the truck on a dime.

Last edited by .45fmjoe; 06-26-12 at 16:13.