Thread: 762 Tactical Custom LBV

Feedback Score

762 Tactical Custom LBV

Hey all, this is my first post so forgive me for any discrepancies, anyway I'm looking for some additional input on anything else that should be added to some custom gear from 762 Tactical. The base product is The Partisan LBV that I'm having modified to fit my frame (short guy - 5'3", 140lbs) as well as some modifications such as SAW pouches that double for dump pouches, internal map pockets for a handgun holster and some extra webbing for anything that's an after thought. I'm running the LBV with an AKM, one of the reasons I choose 762 Tactical over many others as they really respect the Kalashnikov system. This rig will be used primarily for Training Classes/Drills and SHTF, with and without body armor. Thanks for allowing me to dip into the inkwell of knowledge here.

http://762tactical.com/vests/the-partisan-lbv.html

BTW - I've dealt with 762 Tactical in the past. Great products and the owner/operator, Colin Baird, is the man. I'm in no way affiliated with this company just a supporter of solid, reliable and affordable gear.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Not knocking your choice but why not build your own kit? MOLLE compatible base (Tactical Tailor MAV, a good battle belt with suspenders, etc) then just add whatever pouches you want. That way its exactly what you want, you can modify it easily, and when the latest cool guy pouch comes out you can change them out.

Feedback Score
    I had looked at other choices and TT's MAV was a top contender, however I like the overall setup of 762 Tactical's LBV better, the majority of pouches already on it is in exactly the position I want with the exception of the bottle pouches which I would have removed. I appreciate the response, I was just curious if I overlooked any additional gear that would be necessary for this to be a premium fighting rig.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have some 762 Tactical gear, and it is bombproof. The durability is at least as good as Tactical Tailor, and I've found it to be better than Eagle (blasphemy - I know).

Regarding the rig you're looking at - I like it - as long as you know exactly what you want before you have Colin sew it together.

After running a standard 762 Tactical Operator's Rig in a couple of classes I had Colin make a modified version (which included a hydration harnass). After testing that I ended up with a third version with a few MINOR modifications.

This wouldn't have happened if: A) I would have known exactly what I wanted to begin with; B) It would have been all MOLLE.

I still use the 3rd Version as my primary rig, but have TT 2pc MAV's for everything else.

NOTE: I wanted 762Tactical gear because it is more "universally compatible" (ie, not M4 specific). My three rigs would handle AK (556 and M43), AR, FAL, and M1A mags without any modifications.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I did not know that was going to be my first post. I've been lurking / learning / reading here for the past few years!

Feedback Score
    Good stuff, I think I'll speak with Colin and see about doing the rig with all Molle. Maybe I'll just leave the mag pouches and Molle everything else