Thread: Need advise on scopes.

Feedback Score

Need advise on scopes.

Hi. I'm new here and I about order my new AR. I decided to go with a Saber Defense XR15A3 Comp with 18" barrel. Now I want to buy a scope for it. I'm going to use it mostly for target practice for around 200-300 yards with some indoor ranger time. I was looking at an ATN 2-6x40 illuminated scope simply because it does offer good magnification for what I think will be useful. It also happens to be way under my $700 budget. I would like to see what else you guys recommend. I would like to stay away from the used market. looking forward to your inputs.

Thanks
    Rick

Feedback Score
    Did some more research. Got a few other options.

1. Millett DMS-1
    2. ATN Tac rifle scope
    3. IOR 3x25 tactical

opinions please

Feedback Score

Leupold MR/T

I love my Swaro z6i, but for 1/3 the money, the ME/T is one helluva scope.

Also like Nightforce 1-4x

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I've handled a few ATN scopes and was not impressed at all, pretty crappy IMO. Haven't handled the Millet mentioned, but wasn't impressed with what I have seen, seemed cheap IMO. I own an IOR scope and have to say I like it, is it the best, no. At $700, you have plenty of quality scopes to pick from, Leupold comes to mind as probably the best in that price range. Again just my opinion, worth 2 cents less than you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    So I guess Leupold it is. Now I need to read on them to see which one.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_X View Post
    Hi. I'm new here and I about order my new AR. I decided to go with a Saber Defense XR15A3 Comp with 18" barrel. Now I want to buy a scope for it. I'm going to use it mostly for target practice for around 200-300 yards with some indoor ranger time. I was looking at an ATN 2-6x40 illuminated scope simply because it does offer good magnification for what I think will be useful. It also happens to be way under my $700 budget. I would like to see what else you guys recommend. I would like to stay away from the used market. looking forward to your inputs.

Thanks
    Rick
    Around $700 and under I'd be looking at MeOpta, Leupold , Trijicon and Zeiss. Buy good, buy once.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Around $700 and under I'd be looking at MeOpta, Leupold , Trijicon and Zeiss. Buy good, buy once.
    Thanks. I like the Leupold and the Zeiss. Now I need a mount to go with either.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Leupold

I have a Leupold VX III 1.5 - 5 with an illuminated mil dot reticle in a Larue mount and I love it.

I zeroed it 11 months ago and have since put about 7,000 rounds through it with no problems. This rifle has been in a ton of trunks of cars and on a lot of airplanes and has not lost the zero!!!!

I second what Rob says. I took his advise and spent the money the first time so I wouldnt have to spend more. I know Leupold offers a life time warranty and they give a great discount to LE.

Jayson