Thread: WWB 100 rd with NATO stamped brass?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

WWB 100 rd with NATO stamped brass?

Went to good ol Walmart the other day and they had some 50 rd boxes of Win 124gr NATO 9 mm, so I bought a box for 14.97, I also bought 3 boxes of the WWB 100 rd boxes, but upon inspection they have tight crimps on the bullet, and NATO cross stamped brass.. So in comparing the WWB to the box of NATO stuff I bought, there are a few differences in them. The NATO box has a slight crimp on the bullet and red primer seal, and WCC 12 and the NATO cross on the headstamp.The WWB has a tight crimp on the bullet, no primer seal, and WCC 12 and the NATO cross.Recoil also seems the same, so it appears that the WWB maybe miss boxed so I figured I'd mention it here and see if there are similar experiences and also to let people know that they seem to be loaded to NATO pressure..I could be wrong but thought I should get that out there

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Were your WWB also 124 gr? I just bought some last week and all my local Wal-Mart had were 115 gr. They were Win stamped I believe. I'd have to double check though.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    The box does say 115gr but I'm going to take a few down to components, and weigh the bullet but I suspect they will weigh 124.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That's interesting. Looks like someone missed that one during quality control?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have got two or three of the Walmart WWB 100 round packs in 115gr that had NATO head stamped brass. It seems like I got them early this year.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    i literally just noticed this exact thing yesterday as i was picking loading mags at the range. im gonna guess they used the Nato brass, as the actual rounds felt like normal 115 gr plinking ammo. but i could definitely be wrong.

also saw the same WWB box of 50 NATO ammo for 14.97. is that a good deal, or pretty standard?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Were you able to pull one and weigh it?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just picked up 2 boxes of WWB from Wal-Mart, all the brass in these boxes is NATO stamped as well.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -Gen. George Smith Patton Jr.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny4523 View Post
    Were you able to pull one and weigh it?
    I did attempt to get a few weighed, but I was having issues with my scale I will be giving a second attempt tonight.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Well I didnt pull any and weigh them, I ended up weigh complete rounds.

Heres the WWB 115gr

NATO 124gr

there is a difference so I guess they must have an over run of brass.