Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Georgian Army Switches to U.S. Rifles

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Agree! Notice the uniforms? Another uncle sam give away!
    No, the Georgian I talked with said those uniforms are their own design. Anyway, you will notice they are not US pattern.

This must be a very big order for Bushmaster; I had no idea they had such a large production capacity. The Georgians are replacing all their AKs (most of which were made in the 1960s, plus some recently donated by freindly nations) with the M-4.

For the past couple of years Georgia has been trialing replacements; they had bought a quantity (somwhere around 2,000 each)of AK-74s and Tavors, which were issued to their Special Forces units to test out.

Incidently, Georgia is in a serious situation with the Russian-backed separatist regions of Ossetia and Abkhasia. These weapons and gear are very likely to be put to use in the near future.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question

I wonder why uncle sam would not give these guys M16-A2's? Are all of them already gone to other countrys? Brand new M4's just doesn't jell.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Please keep in mind that sarcasm can be hard to detect on the dramanet. "Smilies" can help convey tone.

Feedback Score
    Holy smokes, I'm gonna have a heart attack-- instead of right-shoulder or port arms, the soldiers have their M4s correctly slung, even in a parade! They're ready to get Glocks and try some transition drills!
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    He was joking.

Aren't they going to repeal the barel ban?

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Aren't they going to repeal the barel ban?

Not likely, there's no incentive for them to.

After all the support we're giving Georgia, they will have the most professional military in the region, with a fair amount of seasoned vets from Iraq.

Putin feels like Georgia (and the rest of the Caucuses) are a dagger pointed at the belly of Mother Russia.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Good to see some friends getting some help. I hope other countries follow step and screw Russia.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Yes, I was joking.....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ...and a little piece of TheKatar dies as yet more people drink the Stoner kool-aid.....

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    ...and a little piece of TheKatar dies as yet more people drink the Stoner kool-aid.....
    Actually, it's quite cool with me - and it makes sense for them. Hope those Bushy's run ok for them.

I remember one time Ted Marshall posted pics of a Polish Beryl and talked about how the M4's choked during their military's testing after 600 rounds.

I then posted a pic of one of their SF units (GROM) armed with M4 carbines.

I think he got irritable after that, but facts are facts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast