Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P15 Tactical Hand guard

Feedback Score

S&W M&P15 Tactical Hand guard

Help I need some advise. I purchased a S&W M&P15 not knowing the first thing about AR’s. my gun dealer said it was on of his best and it has a lifetime warranty, well he lied about the warranty it’s only a one year warranty, It’s plain but it was all I could afford. I would love to replace the 7” Hand guards with a longer type that exceeds past the Front sight and still keep the iron sight attached .but I don’t know what complications I could be getting into with the gas tube, so maybe I should keep it simple and just get a 2 piece tactical hand guards that fits in place of the plastic guard and still the original holders. I was looking at one made by Midwest Industries MI#17 Carbine 2 Piece or YHM 2 Piece Tactical Hand guard. Or should I wait until I can afford something a little nicer?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    For what you're wanting I'd recommend an extended Troy rail like this one.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    So it sounds like the Troy 12" MRF-CX Extended Model would fit perfect on my M&P15 should I have a gun smith put it on?
    Where should I go for the best prices?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmeister229 View Post
    Help I need some advise. I purchased a S&W M&P15 not knowing the first thing about AR’s. my gun dealer said it was on of his best and it has a lifetime warranty, well he lied about the warranty it’s only a one year warranty, It’s plain but it was all I could afford. I would love to replace the 7” Hand guards with a longer type that exceeds past the Front sight and still keep the iron sight attached .but I don’t know what complications I could be getting into with the gas tube, so maybe I should keep it simple and just get a 2 piece tactical hand guards that fits in place of the plastic guard and still the original holders. I was looking at one made by Midwest Industries MI#17 Carbine 2 Piece or YHM 2 Piece Tactical Hand guard. Or should I wait until I can afford something a little nicer?

I was under the impression that ALL S&W guns came with lifetime service warranty. No?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brminpin View Post
    I was under the impression that ALL S&W guns came with lifetime service warranty. No?

I asked S&W when I called on another question ,they said pistols have a lifetime warranty but rifles are one year, that stinks. That was one of the main reasons I went with S&W. sells people will say anything for a sell

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately true. one year as the Part i cut and pasted from the online M&P Manual says

Smith &Wesson firearms are warrantied to be free from defects
    in material and workmanship. Any such defects of which
    Smith & Wesson receives written notice within one year from the
    date of purchase by the original owner, will be remedied by
    Smith&Wesson without charge within a reasonable time after
    such notification and delivery of the firearm as provided below.

Feedback Score
    The Troy is easy to put on. I just put my S&W M&P T back together today. The Troy clamps around the barrel nut with four bolts. The only tool you need to put one on is a allen wrench. Now getting the hardware off that holds the plastic handguard is a little more difficult.

Feedback Score
    Thats A Cool Design i might go with something like that as i don't want to have to remove the barrel nor gas tube to fit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmeister229 View Post
    I asked S&W when I called on another question ,they said pistols have a lifetime warranty but rifles are one year, that stinks. That was one of the main reasons I went with S&W. sells people will say anything for a sell
    This kind of makes me want to take my M&P 15 back to the store. The whole lifetime warranty was one of the reasons I was willing to pay a bit more for. The Sigma for $99 wasn't too bad of a deal either, but still, I'm kind of annoyed that my gun store would misinform me like that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brminpin View Post
    This kind of makes me want to take my M&P 15 back to the store. The whole lifetime warranty was one of the reasons I was willing to pay a bit more for. The Sigma for $99 wasn't too bad of a deal either, but still, I'm kind of annoyed that my gun store would misinform me like that.
    Don't sweat the warranty.

Plan for obfuscation and deceit to be found when people have a financial stake in what you seek. Do your research ahead of time, so that you can differentiate them from those worth giving your money to.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast