Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P15 Tactical Hand guard

Feedback Score
    Yeah, talked to one of my friend and I'm leaning towards keeping the rifle. I'll be at the store later today so, I'll ask them what's the deal with the wrong info. Since I know all the guys at the store and they're pretty stand-up people, I don't necessarily think they were being unscrupulous (hopefully, since if they were, I'll never spend one red cent there again after I return the rifle).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    IMHO, if you are going to be spending money on a rail and want to keep the front sight, you may want to go with the 12" Daniel Defense - as seen here:

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=s...&product_id=29

This will allow you to keep the front sight and use the real estate in front of that post for lights, lasers or whatever! I almost pulled the trigger on a handgaurd replacement but IMHO, that space in front of the FSB is valuable...

I believe Grant from G&R on the board here can get you one!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brminpin View Post
    Yeah, talked to one of my friend and I'm leaning towards keeping the rifle. I'll be at the store later today so, I'll ask them what's the deal with the wrong info. Since I know all the guys at the store and they're pretty stand-up people, I don't necessarily think they were being unscrupulous (hopefully, since if they were, I'll never spend one red cent there again after I return the rifle).
    Be sure that the salesman didn't mean the shops policy is essentially a lifetime service plan. Our shop is like that, we'll fix totally free of charge anything that goes wrong with a firearm (new or used) that was purchased at our shop.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It looks GotM4 has you covered on the rail, but I have another thought for you. You're going to spend 300-400 for the rail and more if you have to pay someone to install it for you. Did you look at the M&P15T? It comes with a nice free floating rail system and a forward, folding sight. If you're going back, ask them for more info on the 15T. It might be more like what you're looking for...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If indeed the the DD is $85 more and both free float then am I missing something that makes the DD better?

Maybe I missed something in the DD Omega threads....

Easier to install is great but $85 is a bunch of ammo even at today's prices.

Thanks

Buckaroo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmeister229 View Post
    Help I need some advise. I purchased a S&W M&P15 not knowing the first thing about AR’s. my gun dealer said it was on of his best and it has a lifetime warranty, well he lied about the warranty it’s only a one year warranty,

While he was incorrect, im sure he was uninformed on S&W's stance on the weapons warranty and didnt lie to you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Be sure that the salesman didn't mean the shops policy is essentially a lifetime service plan. Our shop is like that, we'll fix totally free of charge anything that goes wrong with a firearm (new or used) that was purchased at our shop.
    One of the local shops does that also thats why i buy all my guns from there

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    If indeed the the DD is $85 more and both free float then am I missing something that makes the DD better?

Maybe I missed something in the DD Omega threads....

Easier to install is great but $85 is a bunch of ammo even at today's prices.

Thanks

Buckaroo
    Keep in mind the current Omega is a 7"handguard, unlike the two others shown above, which are 12". I really like the Omega though.

Oh, there's also a 9.5" DD rail that extends to the front sight base but not past it like the 12".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Denney’s Guns said it was lifetime warranty, but S&W said it only one year. I don’t expect to have any problems but that was one of the biggest selling points of any of the guns that I buy is the warranty. My S&W M&P pistol has a lifetime warranty that’s why I bought it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czydj View Post
    It looks GotM4 has you covered on the rail, but I have another thought for you. You're going to spend 300-400 for the rail and more if you have to pay someone to install it for you. Did you look at the M&P15T? It comes with a nice free floating rail system and a forward, folding sight. If you're going back, ask them for more info on the 15T. It might be more like what you're looking for...
    I thought about that but they had no plans on getting any in any time soon. I should of did my research first, the reason I purchased the S&W M&P 15 in the first place I was picking up a new Glock 21SF and while I was waiting I had to look at the AR-15’s. I didn’t know the first thing about them but I have always dreamed of owning one so the salesman suggested the M&P. I believe I did ok.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast