Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson M&P 15 owners...speak up please

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyhawk View Post
    I Picked a M&P AR"T" and got to run 250 rounds of 55 gr Prvi down it sunday and had No problems. I am going to really ring her out this weekend, I have 850 rounds of several different flavors to try in her to see what she likes best. this one will take Pmags with No problems.
    I have read on the MP-Pistol forum that Pmag problem was finally fixed by S&W somewhere in the 6XXXX numbers. Not sure if this is true or not. What are the first 2 numbers on yours?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BTW>>>>my s/n is 63XXX....nearly into the 64's

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mine is 61xxxx, I talked to a rep at S&W last week and he assured me that all the previous(sp) issures were taken care of.

Dave

Feedback Score

Gas Blocks

Gas blocks should be pinned, not screwed, in place.

Screws are a problem waiting to happen.

I've seen about 2 doz M&P15As come through classes I've either attended or taught. They perform well.

Sometimes they need to have the extractor spring and insert replaced, and the gas key bolts and castle nut staked.

Why Smith ships carbines with rifle extractor spring inserts, I do not know, but it's the 1st thing I look for and replace if needed.

Feedback Score
    I bought a base model about 2 years ago. Serial # is 005xx.

It's never skipped a beat, but I haven't shot it a whole bunch. I now have 901 rounds through it.

Mine was not staked correctly, but I was able to fix that.

My only issue with it is that the anodizing on the inside of the upper has wore down much faster than the other ARs I have had. Plus the anodizing is flaking off the rails faster than other ARs I have had. This has no real effect on the function of the rifle, it's just something I have noticed.

No problem with Pmags!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristogeiton View Post
    No problem with Pmags!!
    As I understand it, the Pmag problem didn't start until after S&W brought everything in house in 2007.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristogeiton View Post
    My only issue with it is that the anodizing on the inside of the upper has wore down much faster than the other ARs I have had. Plus the anodizing is flaking off the rails faster than other ARs I have had. This has no real effect on the function of the rifle, it's just something I have noticed.
    Glad to hear it has run good for you...mine has 800 rounds through it (all in 1 day)
    and after cleaning...you can't tell its been fired. This finish inside the upper was the first thing I looked at...I expected to find some wear...there was none.

And another thing...my gas block is pinned...if I'm looking at the right part, which is through the front sight assembly at the front of the gas tube.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe the only gas blocks with a problem are the ones on the M&P 15T. The others, IIRC, are just like any other AR gas block/front sight. I know mine were pinned just like anything else, although they punch out in the opposite direction.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    I believe the only gas blocks with a problem are the ones on the M&P 15T. The others, IIRC, are just like any other AR gas block/front sight.
    Correct and correct.

Feedback Score

Troy Front Sights?

I was just wondering has anyone heard of; or does anyone have an MP15T with the newer Troy Ind. front sight?

The newer folding front sight is the more traditional "winged", AR/M4 type.
    If so what is your MP15T's SN#.? (First 2 digits only followed by x's)

The other is the Rounded (HK Style) Which, I think I would like better.

I've heard they started using the Winged (traditional AR/M4 Style) on the newer MP15T's. T or F?
    Last edited by DesertWarrior13; 01-24-08 at 00:21. Reason: typo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast