Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom munitions ammo

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedfs View Post
    I purchased some of the "Blaster" 115 gr 9mm to try out at a CCS class here in early August.

Should be heading to the range this week to test it out before the class.
    I just got the new 115 9mm, ill test that also maybe we should compare ? blaster vs new freedom?? see what 15 bucks gets you ha ha
    Live in ban state, always looking for preban stuff.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just a update: mag dumped 90 rds not one problem. then shot at 100 yrds with another 120 rounds of the blaster m855 and not one FTF or FTE, 100yrd group was no bigger than my hand not including the fingers. I think I need some more practice but its not bad ammo yet!
    Live in ban state, always looking for preban stuff.

Feedback Score
    Ran 250 of the blaster ammo today through a G19 and a G17. Roughly 100 rounds in, had one round that didn't sound right upon ignition during a rapid string of fire at plates 15 yards out using the G19.

Immediately stopped fire and broke down the pistol to examine the barrel plus all parts, didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Continued shooting the remaining 150 rounds without any issues.

My guess is a light powder charge. It was quiet enough and the recoil was different enough to get my immediate attention but didn't result in any problems.

While I will be using the remaining 250 rounds to bulk up ammo for a class next weekend, that little voice in the back of my skull will be paying attention. Hopefully it doesn't detract too much from the class.

Feedback Score
    I've been using their blaster 9mm training ammo recently, found one round with the bullet deformed over the case slightly, set it aside, otherwise it goes boom every time, and is nicer looking, and cleaner than a lot of new ammo I've bought.

I bought 250 rounds of their M855 and had nothing but problems with it, stuck cases, and blown primers galore. Maybe I got a bad batch?

I will continue to buy pistol ammo from them, since they are cheap, and so it shipping to me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    my self an a LEO buddy ran about 100 more of the manufacturer m855 today. i observed more details at 100 yards today that i really didn't notice at the 50 and 25 yard ranges that i ran this ammo at on a previous occasion. it is noticeably less accurate than most all other m855 type offerings in my riffle (almost 5 moa groups) and they group very high and left of my 100y zero for which i use ssa's 64gr ppt.......most m8ff type munitions hold true to my zero. also, we had and under charged round which sounded and felt horribly soft ( almost thought it was a squib). naturally it failed to eject all together. the bolt didn't even cycle far enough to extract the spent brass out of the camber or reset the trigger. for reference. we were using a 2 moa aimpoint and grouping 2-3 most of the day with other 62gr pills.
    Last edited by kenndapp; 07-30-12 at 21:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/1820.htm

Pics and descriptions of their manufacturing process

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've ran about 3-4k 9mm rounds from them, never had even one dud that I can remember.

I've never had any .223/5.56 from them but will be trying some soon

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    How does it compare to Black Hills?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    How does it compare to Black Hills?
    Most likely doesn't.

Feedback Score
    I was preparing to order some .308 from them to run through my M1A. Has anyone shot any of it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast