Thread: Carbine matches in Atlanta, GA area?

Feedback Score

Carbine matches in Atlanta, GA area?

Hey guys, I'm looking for good carbine matches in the metro Atlanta area.

I've been shooting a number of local pistol matches(steel challenge at Creekside, IDPA practice matches, GSSF, pin shoots at SSGC) but I want to start playing with the AR.

Any recommendations or suggestions? 3-Gun is out since I don't have a shotgun.

All I have is a 20" Colt A2 rifle. I'm just looking to get out and have some fun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd be interested too. I shoot some IDPA and would love to get into some carbine comps.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think riverbend holds them regularly. I beleive there is one right over the line in AL and one in Anderson, SC as well. Both right over the line.. I am looking for same thing.. Kind of hard to find.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Same here. A friend of mine and I shoot carbine and 3-gun matches regularly, the problem is they just arent held that regularly. Here in Augusta we have a 3-Gun match at Pinetucky gun club every 3 months. Other than that, we are kinda in the middle of nowhere. Wouldnt mind driving 1-2 hours for a match at all.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Amazing there aren't more opportunities around ATL. I have friends that were driving all the way up here(Charlotte) to shoot in our monthly matches.