Thread: 1911 in an M9 holster????

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

1911 in an M9 holster????

I would like to get the Specter MOLLE holster (http://www.spectergear.com/modular_holster.htm), but is only offered for the M9. The problem - I want it for a 1911. (No - already asked them - no 1911 model in the future). How close are the two in size? Any chance ol slabside will fit into the M9 holster?

TIA

jm
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    I have carried 1911's in holsters designed for M9's, they fit a little loose due to frame size differences but it will work, especially if the holster has some adjustment on the thumb break.

Most off the shelf Molle holsters will fit several different guns even though the are marked for the M9.

You could get one of the custom gear makers to build you a similar holster specifically for the 1911, check places like the Roll Your Own forum on Lightfighter.net and ask what someone would charge to make you a holster to your specs.
    For me BTDT, has turned into BTFT (Been There F*ck That).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    I would like to get the Specter MOLLE holster (http://www.spectergear.com/modular_holster.htm), but is only offered for the M9. The problem - I want it for a 1911. (No - already asked them - no 1911 model in the future). How close are the two in size? Any chance ol slabside will fit into the M9 holster?

TIA

jm
    Not to state the obvious but if it were meant for a 1911 the manufacturer would probably advertise it as such.