Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WallyMart is getting better on selection

Feedback Score
    Man I'd love to snag 2 cans of this.My Wal-Marts haven't had any of the Ammo Cans for Months,and when they did it was the Lake City 62gr.I've been on the list for them to call me when they get some in for over a month,and as you can guess no calls for me....

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Never seen that around here. No WMs here sell guns but they do all sell ammo.

I don't know how they figure what gets ordered into a store but I have bought things as simple as a plastic storage box in one store and try to return it to another and it won't show up on their scanners.

Feedback Score
    Was at my local Wal-mart in north central PA. They had four cans of XM855 and a Colt AR in the gun case. The price on the Colt was $1093. I just might get the Colt if its there on payday

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a can from Walmart. Same price $164 before taxes. The guy didn't even know it was in the case, so I'm hoping it's a new thing that will be there more often.

As for the quality, I only got a chance to look at 80 rounds 6 were set aside. 4 of them I think should be fine just small dings. The other 2 have split necks.
    I am new to the AR so I've never shot 5.56 before but in all my other shooting I've only seen splits after firing(.17HMR cheap ammo). I assume if it's there before these are not safe to shoot? (I've tried searching and Google but have not found an answer yet so sorry if it's been discussed on here)

Feedback Score
    I was in a local Wally world the other day and they had 3 different manufacturer's AR's for sale, and a bunch of Blackhawk accessories on the shelves. Looks like they are trying to cash in on the black rifle craze as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    I just picked up a can from Walmart. Same price $164 before taxes. The guy didn't even know it was in the case, so I'm hoping it's a new thing that will be there more often.

As for the quality, I only got a chance to look at 80 rounds 6 were set aside. 4 of them I think should be fine just small dings. The other 2 have split necks.
    I am new to the AR so I've never shot 5.56 before but in all my other shooting I've only seen splits after firing(.17HMR cheap ammo). I assume if it's there before these are not safe to shoot? (I've tried searching and Google but have not found an answer yet so sorry if it's been discussed on here)
    IMO if it has very small dent's or dings (I mean small) it should be ok. Now as far as the neck splitting I would say to set them aside. I have shot a few boxes of M855 made by Olin that were pretty dinged up, but no splits, and no problems cycling them or ejecting them. So to sum it up I would set the split ones aside and shoot the rest.

Feedback Score
    When they have ammo in stock the selection gas been getting better lately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12