Thread: American Defense Recon S Mount

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

American Defense Recon S Mount

Just got one of these in and thought I would do a mini-review. As we all have seen and know, ADM had an issue with how their mount interfaced with a rail. They have corrected said issue and am happy to report that there is NO MORE canting. They also addressed their screw/ring issue where a user could basically tighten the screws (too much) and break something.

The Recon S mount is basicially their standard Recon mount without the cantilever portion. This mount is perfect for people that either do not need the extra eye relief or people that have a monolithic type upper.

The other great thing about this mount is the cost! MAP on it is $159.95!

I also spent some time playing with their levers and what I found out is that they don't have to be overly tight (hard to close/hard to open) to retain zero. I first adjusted the levers to where they were hard to open and close and tried to move the mount on the rail. If I couldn't move it, then I would adjust the levers tension (with my finger nail) a couple clicks and try again. I was amazed to find out that there isn't any need to have the levers overly tight in order to retain zero.

Next, I wanted to see if I could strip out the screws. So I got my adjustable inch/pound torque wrench and started tightening all the screws. I cranked it up to 80 (which is more than is needed to tighten the screws down properly) and all was good.
    I personally think most people have zero idea of how much 80 inch lbs is and often times apply 50-60 FOOT lbs to things like this and wonder why they break.

Here are some pics of the new mount.

C4

No Canting on Rail
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 01-22-08 at 16:16.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wow, that looks like one outstanding mount.

It's also nice to hear that ADM is evolving & updating their products as they get feedback from various end-users.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    Wow, that looks like one outstanding mount.

It's also nice to hear that ADM is evolving & updating their products as they get feedback from various end-users.

The mount does look good and am pleased that they are trying improve the product.

C4