Thread: Remington VTR

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Remington VTR

We just got a couple of these in our shop the other day. They have a triangular barrel with built in porting/brake on the end. Has anyone shot one of these? I am most curious to hear how they shoot and how the break/porting works. It looks to me like it would just be louder and send a huge flash in front of your scope.

Thanks,

Chris

Feedback Score

VTR

I've got one being shipped to me. It should be at my FFL any day. I thought the barrel looked unique and would make a good addition to the gun safe. I'm also interested to hear if anyone has fired one yet.

Elkhoud
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    I have a VTR in .308. After buying it, I opened up the barrel channel and bedded the recoil lug. The factory stock is flimsy and flexy, but what was important was that I shot several groups of 1/2 inch or better (prone from a bipod.) Last week I bought a new LTR take-off HS stock. I have since bedded the VTR in the HS stock. The rifle now shoots 1/2 or better all day long. I am shooting FGMM 168's and some handloads I am experimenting with. As for the brake, I have never shot a precision rifle with a brake, but I can tell you that it surely speeds up my follow-up shot.

I posted pics of the groups over on snipershide. The squares are 1 inch. These were shot during barrel break-in with the flimsy factory stock.

BTW, I bought mine at Meyer's Gun Shop for $630.00. He had two at the time. He is located just outside Bath, PA.

It is not a gimmick rifle from Remington. To hell with the round barrel purists, technological advances occur everyday.
    COLT /HK MP5 Instructor

Feedback Score

just opened the box

I got the VTR yesterday. I was disappointed in the lack of quality feel to it. The barrel has overspray on it and just does not look like it was finished with a great deal of care.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan