Thread: para ordnance p12 45....question

Feedback Score

para ordnance p12 45....question

I am currently searching for a different grip panels and haven't had any luck.. I don't want a rubber wrap around style just want to replace the panels to a more suitable grip. The p12 is a double stack so it can not utilize a standard 1911 officer grip so I am for loss of better words completely lost on what to do as I don't care for the stock plastic please share some insight

Feedback Score
    Disregard.
    Sorry.
    Cheap-Fast-Good
    Pick any two.

Feedback Score
    It is just looking for something to change the look and feel

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bussecrazed View Post
    It is just looking for something to change the look and feel
    Google says: 204,000 results...

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    Yes it does but 80% are a wrap around style that make the grip larger. If not then I am finding alot of special order items that take 3 months or better. I want them in say a week or sooner as I am impatient haha

Feedback Score
    vz grips makes one for p-14. which would just be a little long for your gun, but they could be shortened. And his grips are nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Underwood 43 View Post
    vz grips makes one for p-14. which would just be a little long for your gun, but they could be shortened. And his grips are nice.
    Unfortunately they use a a different hole pattern I'm told. I called vs earlier today, they pretty much said they are doing well with sales and they don't care to add the p12 at this time.......I was seriously disappointed

Feedback Score
    I would either go ask this question here or call Travis Tomasie at Para.

Paras are notorious for being difficult guns to find aftermarket replacement grips for.
    Last edited by John Fritz; 07-10-12 at 20:36. Reason: To fix linky.
    Johnnie F. - recovering Statist
    ----------------------------------------------
    Have you read TheTruthAboutGuns.com today?

Feedback Score
    In my experience Para Ordance pistols have crappy small parts, and require adjustments to run well, and very early replacement of sear, hammer, etc.

The mags also require very frequent cleanings and strong springs due to the steep transition fron double to single stack.

The aluminun frames (at least the ones made up to the end of the 90's developed cracks early in the thin part of the frame rails.

My experience is with several steel and aluminum framed full size P14-45 used for IPSC competition, I can only expect the smaller models to be even more finicky.

In response to your original question, many people around here made thinner custom polymer grips for the P14, but you cannot improve much over the stock plastic really (other than texture), since if you make them too thin you get a full 2"x4" feel.
    Last edited by TiroFijo; 07-11-12 at 09:13.