Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on 410 pistol snake guns like the Judge?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Not a very good revolver, but a great bubba gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I view them as toys for blasting cans at close range. Not that toys are necessarily bad.

The only time I'll kill a snake is if it's venomous and close to my house. The implement of choice is a hoe or shovel. A cinder block works, too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I have to worry about something killing me, or really ****ing up my LIFE, well, I feel my life is worth the hell of a lot more and would not put it in the hands of ANY TAURUS! The cinder block would be more reliable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I was going to carry a 410 pistol for snakes I would purchase a Bond Arms derringer. I'm sure it has the same shortcomings as the Judge/S&W when it comes to shot patterning. However, it is smaller and I believe almost a pound lighter. You also have the ability to swap the barrels if you want. The Bond Arms is also a firearm with limited utility but I feel it has a little more "cool factor" than the Judge/S&W.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayoneone View Post
    If I was going to carry a 410 pistol for snakes I would purchase a Bond Arms derringer. I'm sure it has the same shortcomings as the Judge/S&W when it comes to shot patterning. However, it is smaller and I believe almost a pound lighter. You also have the ability to swap the barrels if you want. The Bond Arms is also a firearm with limited utility but I feel it has a little more "cool factor" than the Judge/S&W.
    You make a good point. I redid the first post and title to this thread to include more .410 handguns.

Looks like the Bond Arms Snake Slayer IV does best in this website's tests:

http://www.410handguns.com/410_bond_results.html
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 07-18-12 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ok its not a handgun and I'm not saying its practical or even a good idea but...

You could get one of the pistol grip Mossberg 500 Cruisers in .410, register it as a AOW and chop it down as short as possible. Then you could have a true smooth bore 410 pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    It's a ridiculous concept. Almost all snakebites are either on hands or lower legs. Why? People get bit on the hand because they try to **** with the snake. People get bit on the lower leg because they didn't see the snake and walked too close or they stepped on it. In neither scenario would a tard cannon keep you from getting bit. If you see a snake and have time to pull a gun you're better off just moving away. If you're on a ranch trying to protect livestock then a carbine or 12 ga would be a better and more versatile tool. I can't imagine lugging something like a judge just on the off chance you absoltely have to kill a snake. Personally I'd just stick with whatever you're carrying anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    It's a ridiculous concept. Almost all snakebites are either on hands or lower legs. Why? People get bit on the hand because they try to **** with the snake. People get bit on the lower leg because they didn't see the snake and walked too close or they stepped on it. In neither scenario would a tard cannon keep you from getting bit. If you see a snake and have time to pull a gun you're better off just moving away. If you're on a ranch trying to protect livestock then a carbine or 12 ga would be a better and more versatile tool. I can't imagine lugging something like a judge just on the off chance you absoltely have to kill a snake. Personally I'd just stick with whatever you're carrying anyway.
    Points taken, but when the snake is positioned in such a way that you can't do some work you need to do, then you can't just go out for a bite to eat or something waiting for the snake to move on.

I lug my M4 with me on the ranch for two-legged and other varmints, so carrying another long gun is just too much.

I'm tempted to look into those single-shot derringers (made by Cobray?) since I don't believe they are too expensive. Not sure if they are glorified toys, though.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 07-18-12 at 11:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a Double barrel side by side 410 derringer it was cheap and did the job I would carry that before I drop the money on a judge .it was small enough to have in your front pocket .I sold it to a older friend of Mine that has a farm and he has used it several times to get rid of snakes

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I kill more rattlers than I care to think about with 45acp rat shot...it is in the pipe & the rest of the mag is filled w/ 230gr for the two legged snakes.

Do not try to feed rat shot through an auto...rarely do you ever need more than 1 round.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast