Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thoughts on 410 pistol snake guns like the Judge?

Feedback Score
    Coworker "Dude I'm buying a JUDGE for self defense"
    Me "Why"
    Coworker "It shots Shotgun shells!"
    Me "Ever hunt squirrels growing up & what ya use?"
    Coworker "410 and the little fu%@ks would never die"
    Me "Same gauge"
    Coworker "Well I ain't hunting squirrels, IT'S for self defense!!"
    Me "So it/you sucked hunting squirrels out of a real shotgun but some how it'll STOP a 300lb pissed off convict or 100lb tripping meth-head? Who's trying to kill you?
    Coworker "Dude it's a FREAKING JUDGE!"
    Me "Whatever"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelingchild View Post
    Coworker "Dude I'm buying a JUDGE for self defense"
    Me "Why"
    Coworker "It shots Shotgun shells!"
    Me "Ever hunt squirrels growing up & what ya use?"
    Coworker "410 and the little fu%@ks would never die"
    Me "Same gauge"
    Coworker "Well I ain't hunting squirrels, IT'S for self defense!!"
    Me "So it/you sucked hunting squirrels out of a real shotgun but some how it'll STOP a 300lb pissed off convict or 100lb tripping meth-head? Who's trying to kill you?
    Coworker "Dude it's a FREAKING JUDGE!"
    Me "Whatever"
    You dont know man...its called a judge for a reason...for judging 300lb pissed off meth heads on 5 hour energy...duh

sent from my overcompensation tool known as the galaxy note

Feedback Score
    Most of the people I know that have bought these type of handguns plinked around with them for a while then sold them and got something they could really use. I have had a chance to pick a couple up cheap, but passed.

Dave

Feedback Score
    I personally think that a .410 is too much gun to shoot at close range (likely into rocks) with a slim chance of having eye protection. Most of us don't live in Africa or South America, and you can safely kill any snake on this continent with a decent sized stick. If you really feel the need for a "snake gun" the aforementioned rat shot out of a service caliber will suffice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    There is no comparison between the .45ACP and 9MM shot. The .45 is way better, the 9MM it’s even close. I also killed a feral cat with the .45ACP, one shot at about 10 feet was all it took. As far as feeding, I had one 1911 that would feed it fine and another that would not.
    My main problem with the 9mm shot I have used is the design. The .45acp is enclosed and usually feeds well, while the 9mm has that stupid bubble on the end that likes to crack/explode when it hits the feed ramp.

I have killed some big venomous snakes with both. They might not be ready to handle after one shot of 9mm, but they sure don't seem to be getting away from the follow up in a hurry either. A face shot with .22 shot will usually take the piss out of a big rattler or cottonmouth on contact.

But yes, .45acp or LC is the best!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Talking The Judge Said.......

I have a coworker who picked one up. He picked it up as a casual plinker. 3 months later and 400 rounds later and it was toast. Terribly out of time, crane bent. Would make a nice paperweight except for the fact it is a POS. This is the second coworker who has picked up a Taurus in the past 6 years.
    The other one picked up a Raging Bull....wait for it.... used. He didn't get a box through it before he was picking copper jacket fragments out of his cheeck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderway View Post
    Most of us don't live in Africa or South America, and you can safely kill any snake on this continent with a decent sized stick. If you really feel the need for a "snake gun" the aforementioned rat shot out of a service caliber will suffice.
    A few years ago I would have agreed with that assessment but lately there have been some immense burmese pythons showing up in Florida. LINK

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345