Thread: Got a Chip McCormick trigger.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Got a Chip McCormick trigger.

I bought a Chip McCormick 4lbs single stage trigger system...WOW what a difference feels real good very crisp and smooth.Maybe for my next build I'll go with a Timney trigger or maybe you guys can suggest another trigger system.
    "An amature trains until he gets it right... A professional trains until he can't get it wrong" (Author unknown)

Feedback Score
    After trying a few, I'd rank the ones I have as follows, going from least liked to most liked:

1.) Stock trigger
    2.) Chip McCormick - much crisper than stock, with a quick reset, but a light hammer and the modular design pretty much precludes diagnosing and/or fixing problems; would not be comfortable using as an HD gun trigger*
    3.) Single stage Jards - good, crisp trigger with a simple design and relatively inexpensive, OK for HD IMHO
    4.) Timney single stage - very crisp, and "eager", with very quick reset (adjustable), probably my best single stage, but that eagerness makes me wary of use in an HD gun
    5.) Geissele Hi-Speed two stage - easily my favorite, and the most expensive; while I'd probably feel okay using it in a primary HD weapon, I'd rather have a non-adjustable in that role**

* The CMC produced a five shot string in a .45 ACP AR, which made me a little leery. CMC replaced that trigger and has since stated that their triggers are incompatible with the bolt carriers used in pistol caliber ARs, although they've yet to respond to my inquiry as to why that is. ETA - I don't have a CMC in a .45 AR anymore.
    ** That is why I recently ordered a Jard non-adjustable two stage and a Geissele SSA; we'll see how those work out.

RRA's two stage is very popular and fairly cheap, but it is the one about which I've read the most complaints.