Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spikes .22LR Conversion?

Feedback Score
    Rob,

Hey! You're perfectly right, i am a salesperson and the person who makes all of the videos. However, when i write in these forums, i usally give MY opinion and MY experience. It would be very hypocritical for you to discount my opinions and my experience just because i am "only a salesperson." Technically for you, you'd be discounting not only my experience, but everyone else who isnt involved with this everyday and shoot just for fun. See, i didnt say that noones opinion matters, i just gave my opinion. You have no need to be twisting my words up.

For some reason in which i cannot figure out, you always seem to try to pick a fight with me in all the forums and threads. There is no reason to do that, I thought we could all be mature here. Next time you see us at a gun show, please introduce yourself, it'd be cool to try to resolve your differences with us.

PM me your email and you number. I'll personally send it to Spike and ask him to give you a call.

again, i did not "discount" any measures to get the rifle to work if you're having problems with it. I was giving my opinion and what we tell the people who purchase our rifles to do. use Copper ammo. We favor Federal

C4iGrant, i respect your professionalism and I hope we can keep it that way.

Thanks guys, have a nice day!
    Spike's Tactical Sales Associate

"These are lessons learned when time is short and warning. We answered the call without hesitation and never gave to doubt any thought o'failure.
    They faced us with steel and we responded in kind. For there is no difference except for the belief"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    "modifying the kit anymore than we have done is wasting time and money. "

to me, that statement is discounting "any measures to get the rifle to work if you're having problems with it."

"use Copper ammo. We favor Federal". i did. it wouldn't feed.

not picking an argument here either. anyone who's familiar with my posts will be hard pressed to find one where i sound pissed off or argumentative.

if you're representing spike's, you have heard our problems and have given us your response. if i called you or spike, and described the problem as i have done here, what different response over the phone could i expect besides "use Copper ammo. We favor Federal"? do you have different solutions over the phone than in forums?

please ask spike to respond to this thread, or give you the same response he'd give us if we talked to him in person on the phone, if we came to him with these feeding issues. there's no need for individuals to call to get the same answer - have it posted here for everyone to see. it'll save him time (and us as well).

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    BTW Grant, have any of your modded uppers in stock again? I think I'm back in the market.
    I have a 16" in stock and ready to go right now.

There is another option for folks interested in a dedicated .22 AR upper. Tactical Solutions showed off their new dedicated .22 AR uppers at shot.

Their bolts (not reworked cieners) and their barrel(s) look to be best I have seen to date. They have three basic models:

1. M4 profiled barrel with flattop A3 upper and a Hogue (rubber) carbine FF rail.
    2. Standard 10/22 16" type barrel, A3 upper with the Hogue FF rail
    3. Sawtooth Integ. supressed barrel with A3 upper and Hogue rail.

C4

Feedback Score
    military moron,

my apologies again if it sounded that way. What i meant was that it isnt necessary if you're using preferred ammo. You're right, the lead tipped ammo doesnt feed very well. I should have said that from the beginning. Thats why we use the copper. However, I know that he is making his adjustments to feed all types of ammo efficiently.

again, this time, IN MY OPINION and MY EXPERIENCE. The rifles shoot perfectly fine. There is nothing wrong with them. I use FEDERAL BRICK BOX ammo and have HAD ZERO MALFUNCTIONS. Is that more fair?

AND AGAIN, I AM NOT "DISCOUNTING" nor am I "IGNORING" anyone's problems.

I'll ask Spike reply, and if not, i will reply with Spikes response as soon as he's back in town. He's in Ft Meyers on Business and then going out of the state for a few days. The man works hard and he needs a break.

The reason why i asked Rob_S to contact me with his info is because he has a reputation with us already. I've been trying to get his info so i can personally ask Spike to call him and resolve his differences with him. He has yet to do it. Instead he likes to personally attack me whenever i post something.

He's right that I am a saleperson and the person who makes the videos for Spike, but I sure as hell am a shooting enthusiast just like everyone else here on this thread. I dont question his background nor his reasons for his POSITIVE" posts nor do i question anyone else's. It would be nice to be respected the same way. but then again, this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their own.

Oh and by the way. I dont get paid to do the work for Spike, so dont misinterpret that I am doing all of this because he's paying me. All the efforts i put forth are on my personal spare time and because he is truly a good friend.

I'm not here to cause problems, im just here to represent a company that I believe in. Just like everyone else.

Now then. I dont know about you guys, but I'm gonna actually go SHOOT my Ar's instead of talking about them on this forum! Happy Shooting!
    Spike's Tactical Sales Associate

"These are lessons learned when time is short and warning. We answered the call without hesitation and never gave to doubt any thought o'failure.
    They faced us with steel and we responded in kind. For there is no difference except for the belief"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ech01 View Post
    military moron,

my apologies again if it sounded that way. What i meant was that it isnt necessary if you're using preferred ammo. You're right, the lead tipped ammo doesnt feed very well. I should have said that from the beginning. Thats why we use the copper. However, I know that he is making his adjustments to feed all types of ammo efficiently.

again, this time, IN MY OPINION and MY EXPERIENCE. The rifles shoot perfectly fine. There is nothing wrong with them. I use FEDERAL BRICK BOX ammo and have HAD ZERO MALFUNCTIONS. Is that more fair?
    no worries, echo. however, do read what i posted before more carefully though - some of it is not getting through:
    " What i meant was that it isnt necessary if you're using preferred ammo. "
    i used the preferred ammo. it failed to feed. modification was necessary.

"You're right, the lead tipped ammo doesnt feed very well."
    not sure where you got that from. i don't own any lead tipped ammo, nor have i tried in in my spike's upper. ALL of it is copper coated, and none of it would feed properly before modification.

to me, as a consumer, i'd think that spike would take great interest in the mods we are doing to enable us to use different types of ammo instead of the recommended federal brick box ammo only. wouldn't it be better to say 'use any kind of copper coated ammo you want' instead of saying 'you'll have problems if you don't use what we recommend?

i don't have a gripe with spike's at all - the service was friendly and prompt. i was pissed that my upper wouldn't work, but being the engineer i am, i diagnosed the problem and felt it was less trouble for me to fix than to deal with sending it back. however, based on what you've written here, we'd have been an an impasse, since i WAS using the recommended ammo, and still had problems. sending it back would imply that something would have to be modified on the upper to make it work with the recommended ammo, and you're not really acknowledging that some people could have that issue.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ech01 View Post
    Rob,

Hey! You're perfectly right, i am a salesperson and the person who makes all of the videos. However, when i write in these forums, i usally give MY opinion and MY experience. It would be very hypocritical for you to discount my opinions and my experience just because i am "only a salesperson." Technically for you, you'd be discounting not only my experience, but everyone else who isnt involved with this everyday and shoot just for fun. See, i didnt say that noones opinion matters, i just gave my opinion. You have no need to be twisting my words up.
    I'm not "twising your words up", I'm simply repeating back to you your own words.

For some reason in which i cannot figure out, you always seem to try to pick a fight with me in all the forums and threads. There is no reason to do that, I thought we could all be mature here. Next time you see us at a gun show, please introduce yourself, it'd be cool to try to resolve your differences with us.
    There is no difference with "us", but there does appear to be a difference with "you". I've spoken with Spike on more than one occasion at the show. At least as much as one can in between interruptions by employees that can't seem to sell so much as a magazine without asking him for help. I like Spike, I suggest Spike as a source for parts to people all the time, and have no issue with Spike's Tactical, other than the fact that you seem to be the only online voice of the company, and you don't seem to know much.

again, i did not "discount" any measures to get the rifle to work if you're having problems with it.
    That may not have been your intention, but it is in fact exactly what you did.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    There is another option for folks interested in a dedicated .22 AR upper. Tactical Solutions showed off their new dedicated .22 AR uppers at shot.

Their bolts (not reworked cieners) and their barrel(s) look to be best I have seen to date. They have three basic models:

1. M4 profiled barrel with flattop A3 upper and a Hogue (rubber) carbine FF rail.
    2. Standard 10/22 16" type barrel, A3 upper with the Hogue FF rail
    3. Sawtooth Integ. supressed barrel with A3 upper and Hogue rail.

C4
    I've heard of these but haven't been able to find much on them online. Any pics/links?

I already have a rail (12") and a front sight that I want to use. Is it possible to get custom builds with the Tac Sol parts (upper, BCG, barrel)?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I've heard of these but haven't been able to find much on them online. Any pics/links?

I already have a rail (12") and a front sight that I want to use. Is it possible to get custom builds with the Tac Sol parts (upper, BCG, barrel)?
    I did not get any pics, but did order a bunch of them. Their M4 model basically looks EXACTLY like a standard M4.

At this time, TACSOL has advised that they will not sell just barrels and bolts. This may change in the future.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Price Point??????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I did not get any pics, but did order a bunch of them. Their M4 model basically looks EXACTLY like a standard M4.

C4
    When do you expect to have your first shipment of the TacSol uppers......price point?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast